“Best stay for best price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aloha Inn

Aloha Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Arroyo Grande
“Best stay for best price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

We have stayed at several different motels in Arroyo grande over the years. None of them made us feel as relaxed and catered to as Aloha motel Arroyo grande did. We truly felt like valued guests. All of the staff were excellent. Every staff member we encountered was friendly and professional. Our room was clean and inviting. We had a great view of the 101 expressway. We did not have any noise from outside. Morning Breakfast was quick and delicious. The Bathroom was amazing too. Our stay was so relaxing. The pool is clean, quiet, and relaxing. The staff were very attentive. We had an amazing stay. Front desk is also very helpful and friendly. Aloha-inn arroyo grande is by far the best motel experience we have ever had in arroyo grande. I am not an easy to please person, and there is not one negative thing I could say about our motel stay. We look forward to our next visit. We highly recommend Aloha-inn arroyo grande.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Vayron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Hanford, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

We decided to take a chance by staying at the Aloha Inn. We were excited to book a room for $75 on a Saturday that included continentel breakfast. Our room had a King size bed, refigerator, microwave, flat screen, and a balcony with a nice view of the pool. We checked out on Sunday and decided to go back on Wednesday for $60. They surprised us when we saw our room had a pull out couch and a door that connects to the next room. With rates and ammenities like these our getaways will happen more often. So glad we took a chance!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank irmacastillo
cozytraveler007, General Manager at Aloha Inn, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and thanks for choosing Aloha Inn while your stay in Arroyo Grande.
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed one night in this hotel while traveling through California. I did not reserve in advance and negotiated a $50+tax rate with the manager. I would not say that he was friendly, but not unfriendly also, just didn't show any interest in customer or emotion on his face. It did not bother me at all, as long as the room is clean and quiet. I got a very nice room on 2nd floor with king size bed, window and balcony facing parking lot and swimming pool, so the highway noise was not an issue. The room looked like it was recently renovated, everything was clean, bathroom completely done in granite. Nice hot shower with excellent pressure in the morning. Breakfast was very limited (coffee, juice, tiny muffins, and only white bread for tost, butter and jam), less than at other motels I stayed during this trip. Overall good experience, I would stay at this place again when in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

I asked for a ground floor room for my mom. She is 90 and can't get up stairs. I had booked for 6 days. They gave me a newly remodeled handicap room. I was very pleased. I needed to leave my bags off before I checked in and had to beg to get the mgmt to let me leave my bags. They would not take them behind the counter. They told me to put them in the room that I was going to be in, as it had just been vacated, but not cleaned. I had no choice to leave them, because I was going to be running all over San Luis Obispo, picking up food and items for a BBQ for my daughter's wedding, out of town guests. Then on the 3rd day, I found ants coking in the room through the front door! I quietly informed them at the front desk and they took care of the problem, for a while. They came back and they took care of them again. Then on the 5th day I came back to the room at 4pm and it hadn't been made. I called the front desk and they said that I could come and get clean towels. I told them they could come and clean the room. The woman said the maid went home, I said, OK you can come and clean it. She said OK. Then her husband called and said the maid went home. I said fine, you can come and clean the room. He said, OK. Then he shows up at the room and says he's injured and can't clean the room. He then offered me the room next door which was clean and vacant and I said OK. I moved all my stuff and had a clean room. Unbelievable. I got a great rate, but I will never stay there again. I have family there, and I go at least once or twice a year.

Room Tip: Do not expect any service from the management.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Arroyo Grande hotels

Garden Grove, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Found this hotel by searching reviews on Tripadvisor. Right next to a freeway so could be very noisy, but although I'm a light sleeper I slept well here. Bed was just ok not as firm as I'd like. Everything in our room, 114, seemed brand new. Carpet,bed, bathroom, furniture all new and looked like its been renovated. Now we used an online booking service and I think we overpaid($131/night). Our king sized, non smoking room included a microwave, fridge, couch, arm chair, and table with 2 chairs. Pluses for a group would be connecting rooms. Outside private patio on ground floor for my husband to smoke was nice. Very loud stomping person overhead, not until after 9am so it might have been housekeeping. We would have been happy without the suite for a better price

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Trissia W
Southern Cal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is one of those places with the right room but the wrong location. On the freeway, you will hear trucks all night. A cute and spacious room with large crown moldings,matching furnishings, bath and clean grounds.
Then there is the management! I was checked in by a young man void of any customer service ethic..
I asked that evening about laundry facilities from an older woman who ,in a condicending manner, told me that they have no such thing. Not a thought to suggest a laundromat or give directions.
Breakfast? The cheapest of quality toast, jelly and cereal. 2 tables in the check in area made for people milling and spilling their styrofoam bowls of Cheerios clone cereal.
When I asked about wiping mung off of one of the tables the owner huffed, went back in his abode and came back to hand me a towel. Never a thought that he would wipe it off.
I decided to stay one more night and he tried to raise the price. I told him forget it and he said," if I match last nights price you'll stay?". I agreed and begrudgingly he " allowed" me to stay another night.
After writing an honest review he took my phone number from the check in records called me and admonished me for it.

Room Tip: Go up the coast to Morro bay you'll be glad you did.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank cap10paul
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I headed up to San Luis Obispo for my cousin's memorial service; unfortunately, this was the same weekend that Cal Poly was having a parent/student event! So this was the cheapest room we could find - let alone one of the last four rooms available in the entire area!

In summary, we were pleasantly surprised by the Aloha - great location - affordable - and the staff was friendly - room super clean (and nice too for a motor inn!) - king bed - firm, but fairly comfy - all in all - a nice find for a last minute trip to SLO!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cottage Inn by the Sea
Cottage Inn by the Sea
#6 of 27 in Pismo Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,135 reviews

Been to Aloha Inn? Share your experiences!