“Great place to call home while on a road trip”

Best Western Casa Grande Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Arroyo Grande
North Bay, Canada
“Great place to call home while on a road trip”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel over a dozen nights since Dec 2011-Dec 2012. I like the location just off CA 101 about halfway between L.A. and Monterey. I use the hotel as a jumping off point for my motorcycle travels along the coast.

The staff is friendly and accommodating, the grounds are always clean, as are the rooms.This hotel fills up every night. Because of this I'd recommend you get to the breakfast (included in the room price) room early. It is not large; at prime time you will be rubbing elbows.

If the sound of feet above you bothers you I'd recommend the top floor. I prefer ground level, where I have easy access to the room door. Noise has never been a problem. This is not a party place. People who stay here are travelling. They arrive, clean up, relax a bit, then are out for the night.

I can walk to restaurants that are close by, there is a Saturday morning car show in the mall above the hotel (worth checking out), there are Premium outlets a mile or two up the road in Pismo Beach.

I see the incremental improvements as well. My room had a flat screen T.V this time, unlike previous visits. The room is large enough for two adults, the showers are warm, and they serve coffee and cookies in the lobby between 4-6 pm.

And I get Best Western points each time I stay. I think this hotel represents good value for the road weary!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank padluckypierre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Irvine, Ca
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This was my first time at this property. I've stayed at the Hampton inn nearby. The good points are that the front desk was friendly, it was pretty cheap, close to shops like Starbucks & Trader Joe's and you can use the gym next door.

Now for the bad...it was loud (you could hear everything (we stayed on the second floor) you could hear upstairs, downstairs, people walking outside. Also the heater unit made a lot of noise. The blankets were really thin. It is basically like an old motel. Watch out for dogs as it is a dog friendly motel. Thank goodness we were there for only one night.

1 Thank Susan_sunnyCa
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed at the hotel while visiting friends in Pismo Beach. The hotel was clean but is in need of some serious updating. The decor was tired. Breakfast was OK but the room was way to small......we were lucky to find a seat. Our room had a terrible view of an 8 ft. tall wall and a tree trunk. Hotel is fine if you just need a place to sleep.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed here while visiting family over Christmas. We slept here and spent the days at our family's house. Very convenient location off 101. Close to beaches and beach towns. Walmart, Albertsons, Starbucks, etc.

This is a basic hotel for the traveler. Lovely casita-style buildings on the outside. A little tired on the inside. Beds were a little hard. Everything was clean. It just felt like the rooms could use a little rejuvenation.

Rooms had outdoor access like a motel vs. indoor hallway access (in case that is important to you). We always found a place to park, but the parking areas were a little small and hard to navigate at times.

The front desk staff were always friendly and courteous, and quickly responsive to requests.

There was a mini-fridge in the room. TV in our room was poor -- the picture was so washed out that we could barely see the program from our beds. We had to turn out all the lights, and still it was a bit of a strain. The TV isn't really well situated for viewing from the 2 queen beds either - I don't know why it isn't mounted on the wall as there seems to be plenty of room.

The sink and mirror are outside the shower/toilet room -- more flexible and convenient when multiple people are getting ready in the morning.

It seemed like they could use more lighting in the room. The little spotlight at the front of the room was odd. A few more hangers would have been appreciated as there were 4 of us in the room.

The continental breakfast was what you would expect - nothing more nor less.

The walls are a little thin. I don't think we had neighbors next to us for most of our stay (because I didn't hear anybody). But on our last night, I could clearly hear conversation from next door while I lay in the bed. If you have a rude, loud neighbor, this could be a problem. We learned a long time ago, however, to travel with a white noise machine and ear plugs.

The final charge was exactly what I expected - no surprise fees/charges.

raja158
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This was our 3rd stay at the Casa Grande Inn, this time in town for the granddaughter's graduation from Cal Poly. At our reccomendation, one of the daughter's and here family also stayed here. The motel is convenient to the freeway, shopping, restaurants, and about 10 minutes to the granddaughter's place in Oceano. There is an elevator, good for our room on the 3rd floor, the room was large, we had 2 queen beds, and the staff was friendly. There is breakfast in 2 rooms, by the pool and above the front desk, which helped lessen the crowds on a weekend morning. The son-in-law and a grandson enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The only down side, after a late night out, we had to park behind the motel, and didn't have eyes on our car, as on a busy night, the lot is full. But the upside, we had a great senior rate. Another good stay!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

#1 of 29 in Pismo Beach
Cottage Inn by the Sea
Cottage Inn by the Sea
#7 of 29 in Pismo Beach

Been to Best Western Casa Grande Inn? Share your experiences!