“I'm A Sucker For Themed Hotels”

Best Western Casa Grande Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Arroyo Grande
Reviewed October 13, 2012

What can I say? I love this place! Sure, there is plenty to like about this property: The rooms were comfortable and above average for a hotel of this type; the rates were low; the parking plentiful; and even the Wi-Fi was fast and reliable.

But that's not why I loved it. I loved it because the property was uniquely themed.

Call it Adobe-Style, Mexican, Mediterranean, Western, whatever you will. I call it fun and entertaining! Finally something different from all the other generic chain hotels off the highway. The lobby is decorated in a Mexican-Western style, and the courtyard is nicely landscaped and includes a fountain and a bridge.

Am I more excited than I should be? Perhaps, but what can I say? I'm a sucker for themed hotels!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,065)

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Travelling around California this hotel was the first night of the tour after leaving San Francisco. We were guided into the hotel by the reception staff. They were helpful and friendly. The room was clean and pleasant, with 2 queen beds had plenty of space to move around in. The hotel itself was in a courtyard format with a central swimming pool. The recption staff gave us a 10%voucher for AJ's Steakhouse.
Brilliant food and good value with good service and to finish, live music in the bar area.
Breakfast was good, varied and plentiful.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently did a road trip around California. We opted for budget accommodation - a cheap and cheerful bed for a night or 2. We acknowledge that you get what you pay for so would have been happy as long as it was clean and functional!

The best western was a short drive off the main motorway and was central to a number of lovely little beach areas. The Avila Beach was stunning, a really quaint area and definitely worth a visit! There was also a designer outlet a short drive away. AJ Spurs steakhouse across the road is fantastic, they do AMAZING cocktails and the food was awesome.

The hotel itself was fantastic. We were greeted by lovely, helpful staff. The room was nice, clean and spacious. The pool area and hot tub were well kept. The breakfast was great with plenty of choice.

The hotel was great value for money; above and beyond our expectations and I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for somewhere in that area.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I booked this hotel having stopped in another Best Western on my trip.

The hotel was located close to the freeway, but awkward if you did not arrive, like me, on the freeway. I had a first floor room and was given a recommendation for a local restaurant by the staff.

The room was well furnished, but could have done with an upgrade to the TV. The washbasin is located outside the bathroom, which may be disconcerting to some. Free wifi is available and the room had coffee making facilities and a refridgerator.

The main let downs were the noise from the rooms above and the continental breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We have made a stop in this hotel for one night on our road to San Francisco.
The hotel is very easy to find.
Rooms are large enough for 4 adults if you take a double queen size bed. Rooms are clean.
Breackfast is included and good (not great but let's say ok).
Service is good. Free wifi access is highly appreciated.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Old School Hotel that looks like it's out of the 70's. Paper thin walls, I didn't sleep the entire night because I could hear the antics of the room beside me. I could even hear the guy snoring after he was finished his business with his wife!!

Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Stopped one night on our way up the coast. We arrived late at night & the 2 queens room we had reserved were all taken so they upgraded us to a suite at no additional charge. Room was great. Breakfast was disappointing as only hard boiled eggs - no hot scrambled like most best westerns and the breakfast room was small considering how large the property is. But the grounds are beautiful and staff was friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012
#1 of 29 in Pismo Beach
Spyglass Inn
Spyglass Inn
#10 of 29 in Pismo Beach

Been to Best Western Casa Grande Inn? Share your experiences!