“Vilist Best Western I've ever stayed in.”

Best Western Casa Grande Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Arroyo Grande
Los Angeles, CA
“Vilist Best Western I've ever stayed in.”
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I paid $156/night for an old, unremodeled hotel. My room was designated no smoking, but smelled awful. The mattress was also old, soft and uneven.

I have had very good luck over the years with Best Western, but this hotel didn't make the cut at all.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank ridgeley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Riverside, CA
Reviewed June 23, 2011

My wife and I have stayed at this Best Western twice. The rooms are very comfortable and very clean. On our first stay the free wireless Internet was spotty, but on the second stay (in the building closest to the street) it worked beautifully. We found the front desk personnel to be very friendly and very helpful. We liked the free continental breakfast, but we both thought that the selections were too limited. Some muffins and yogurt, for example, would be good additions.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Merced
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This is our third year to stay at this hotel. The staff was great!! We go to a car show in the area and need some quiet nights. The nights were still cold for me and when I called the front desk to see if they had extra blankets, they were almost there before I hung up the phone. Wireless was easy to use and worked really great. There are restaurants on the other side of the freeway that are excellent and very accessible. The best restaurant by far there is Coco's. It's like a night out. The breakfast we had there was excellent also. Top notch hotel, top notch restaurant. What could be better??

Room Tip: Book early and online.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Newark, California
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We enjoyed our stay very much. We had a single room with a king bed which was very comfortable and appeared very clean. We enjoyed the dry sauna and the whirlpool during our stay. The continental breakfast was nice. It included cereal, oatmeal, toast, waffles, muffins, and bananas. The staff were very friendly. The only negative thing I can say is that the weekend rate is more than double the weeknight rate so we stayed only one night. Most of the hotels in this area are expensive but the rates don't usually more than double on the weekend, especially for hotels so far away from the beach. Other than that, this hotel was very nice. We'd definitely recommend it to those wanting to stay in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 11, 2011

I stayed one night on a motorcycle trip following highway 1 to Santa Barbara.

Price was ok (less than $80, so I enjoyed a quite comfy room, the hottub, and the swimming pool, along with a good breakfast the following morning. They "gym" only has two bikes and one treadmill, so not really useful for me. It also has sauna, which I didn't use.

Room was little, but comfortable and clean. So no complains.

Arroyo Grande doesn't seem to have much to offer, but at least the beach looked nice.
It can be a place to stay a couple nights, but I doubt if there's more to do in Arroyo Grande. I only stopped one night during my trip, so I can't really tell.

Anyway, if the location is fine for you, it is a good place to stay. I do recommend it.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank samgz
Exeter
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Stayed here overnight recently as it provided a good mid point on the road between San Francisco and Los Angeles. The reception staff were pleasant and helpful. The room was comfortably furnished and clean as expected for a Best Western. The hotel is just off the highway and near to a few shops and retaurants. Overall it provided good accommodation at a reasonable price.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank JimmyB007
Reviewed November 30, 2010

Booked the Townhouse for three nights. First night, no heat. Second night a strange sound at 03am, which was the repaired heater trying to work. No heat, no sleep. Third night, clogged plumbing then blown electrical fuse. The staff was helpful? Beds rate a 1 and visible dust on art work. Location is nice. This was a first time stay and the bill was adjusted for all the problems. Will I stay again? Yes, I'll give it one more try.

• Stayed November 2010
SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
#9 of 29 in Pismo Beach
Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach-Pismo Beach Area

Been to Best Western Casa Grande Inn? Share your experiences!