“YUM!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Bakeries in Arroyo Grande
bay area
“YUM!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

After enjoying dessert from Sweet Pea at Kanpai Sushi in Shell Beach, we decided to find it and go (semi hoping for macarons, but just wanted to check out) The owner (Juliette???) was super sweet, told us she was known for her cookies so we tried her signature chocolate toffee (I hope that's what it was!) snickerdoodles and peanut butter crisps. All were A+! Super cute little place.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank dfromthebayarea

Arroyo Grande, California
“Owner as Sweet as her Pastries”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I just love Sweet Pea Bakery! They are at my local farmer's market in Arroyo Grande, CA every Saturday from 12:00 - 2:30 rain or shine. The owner is such a sweet gal & loves to talk about her wares. Her booth is set up so darling with vintage containers that hold her cookies and pastries. Very unique combinations of flavors. A must to check out if you are in town!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Krebsy724
California
“"Got morning buns"? ”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I find this is a great place to go for morning cup of coffee and a great sweet treat. The morning buns the best created Arroyo Grande and they are warm! You will find, while standing at the counter ordering, you will end up with several additional sweet treats in a bag to go. Then your eye catches the huge chocolate chip cookies stacked in a glass jar. You will be tempted to grab one for the road. Everything is truly quality produced. Kelly (owner) always greets you with an ear to ear smile and takes time to chat. I might add the coffee is not the traditional 711 type coffee, it is a high quality blend from a private company she uses out of Los Angeles. It is excellent coffee and they have ceramic mugs as well as to-go cups.

2 Thank srd7
Petaluma, California
“Secret Find - Delicious New Bakery - Locals Favorite Already”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I have been told - because I was not in the know - the owner of Sweet Pea Bakery is quite famous in our area from her attendance at local Farmers Markets. But now she has her own brick and mortar operation! And it's a quick walk from my home. YAY!

I was waiting to have dinner at Ember (her neighboring restaurant) and wandered into Sweet Pea Bakery just being curious. There are all these glass candy jars filled with baked goods. My eye was drawn to something similar to a cinnamon roll but called a Morning Bun. Turns out they are actually made of croissant dough with a hint of orange. OH MY WORD! A few days later when I arrived to get more Morning Buns and she was already sold out at 9:30 AM I almost burst into tears. From now on I buy enough for few days at a time. Yes - they are THAT good. Especially just a tad warmed up. OMG!

Back to that first night. The owner/baker's mom was running the shop while her daughter was at a Farmers Market still. What a lovely lady and quite proud of her daughter. She explained all the items for sale and being the dessert connoisseur I decide to try a variety of things. Some of my favorites are the Key Lime Pie (she makes a tiny 3-bite tart) and the Cheese Cake tiny tart. Also the Prosciutto and Gruyere Croissant I have bought repeatedly but never tasted as my husband steals them. I hear they are fantastic though. I especially love her rustic berry scone that is perfect if you just want a filling morning item without that sugary taste. And the adorable "Bleeding Heart" shortbread cookies made fresh daily from a local fruit are to die for.

The pastry chef also makes cupcakes and biscotti, fresh bread, macarons and cookies. I still have to try all those things. And I cannot wait! Welcome to Foodie Corner (with Ember next door) Sweet Pea Bakery!

• Visited March 2014