“Normally excellent food”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
vandenberg village, ca
“Normally excellent food”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Had dinner for 7 of us and the food remains good. Nice selection and good size helpings. The tri-tip and pork ribs were very good. We really like the wedge salads and Cajun cream corn. The fresh baked bread with several dipping sauces used to be outstanding. Unfortunately the dipping sauces have gone away and the bread is no longer outstanding. Service remained good.

• Visited July 2013

Pismo Beach, CA
“Trip Tip So Very Tender”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We went to TJ's with some friends from Australia. Ordered the combo of baby back ribs and tri tip. The tri tip was just a little more tender than a filet mignon. (Yes, hard to believe.) The ribs were meaty, tender, and delicious. We also had the stuffed jalapenos. They were also very good.

I've also had the hamburger at lunch and it was one of the best of the thick juicy variety.

If you are a hunter gatherer meat eater, you won't do better than Tanner Jacks.

• Visited May 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Good barbecue”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

There are very few decent restaurants in Arroyo Grande, so this was a find. Not fancy, but liked the atmosphere and decor and the food was good too. Service excellent. Near Cypress Ridge if you're hungry after playing golf.

Visited April 2013
Slovenia
“are you serious?!?!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

just driving and getting hungry. Stop at the red light. Decide to look at this restaurant (we didn't have breakfast and it was noon already). So turn right. Enter. Asking for breakfast. They have just lunch. But we are so hungry, so do not complain, sit down and choose. I live in US for three years, so I know what does that mean soup. My best friend visits me from Hungary - which is a real soup nation -, so he always ask for one. She said creamy mushroom, which means for a new yorker, mashed mushrooms in water. But my friend was brave. And he asks me to try it. Jezzzzz!
The best mushroom soup ever. There was other thing on my plate and that was good too - I don't even remember, but maybe fried chicken breast -, but I don't want to live anymore without this soup.
And the waitress. She was sooooo nice.
I'm planning to go to CA again and drive here for sure.

• Visited March 2013
Los Osos, California
“Best Tri Tip”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We came across this restaurant after hearing about it from a friend. They have the best Tri-Tip steak I have ever had. This cut of steak is a coastal California style, you have to try it. My husband and I split the dinner because of how large the portions are. It worth noting they also own the pizza place across the parking lot, it just won the #5 best pizza in the world.

• Visited November 2012