“Clam strips!”

Dining options: Reservations
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Clam strips!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

If there are just two of you and you're not completely famished, one order of clam strips would be plenty! They were hot, crispy and chewy all at once and I hated that I could not hold another clam strip!

Visited October 2013

sanramon
“Quarterdeck”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Service was quick and friendly. Nice to have a bar so you can relax and have a drink. Food was great. We have eaten here for many years. Nice family restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Poor Custormer service”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have been eating there for over 30 years. We live in Las Vegas and looked forward to going to eat fish there. Well we have drivin 9 hours from Las Vegas and had our service dogs with us. We went there to eat I have my two dogs in a pet stroller. Told them we had our service dogs with us and told them if they wanted to put us somewhere in a cornor if they wanted to. We ordered our food and the owners daughter came over and asked what they serviced. I answered her question even thought the law say they are not to ask what they service. My dogs were sleeping. She then came back to the table and told me had to take the dogs out of stroller and put them on floor. We ask her why. She said it was the law. I moved my foot and one made a little noice. She was right back there telling me I had to take them out if they were going to make a notice. We told her they were fine till SHE made us take them out. She was not going to stop til she made a problem. I spoke to several others restaunts in town and they all said there was reason for her to do what she did. In fact they said they would have rather had them in the stroller. I don't know if she is a pet hater or just a nasty person. We would have eater there at least 2 more times. But now I will never eat there again and I will let everyone I know how we were treated. There was no reason for it.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Patty C
Trisha R, General Manager at Quarterdeck, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
We always cater to Service Animals. We understand that a person may have a disability that requires a service animal and we are more than happy to oblige and welcome them graciously. However, let me set the scenario of the night you were in for other customers reading this review. You had 3 Chihuahua's and only 2 you claimed as service dogs. One was on the booth and two were in a stroller! Your dog did not make a slight noise it was barking, more than once! Before you were informed of our policy that service animals need to be on the floor, on a lead, and ready to serve you if needed, your dogs were in a carrier dead asleep. We do not believe there is a need for the carriers or strollers, which is considered bedding, to be in our restaurant. We have other customers to consider as well. Bedding carries dander and pet fur, which many customers are allergic to. It is not about being a pet hater or a hateful person, it is about running a restaurant and having to draw the line when people bring their pets into a dining establishment. Trained service dogs are discreet, they lie under the table, they do not bark or eat table scraps, and they rarely even make eye contact with other customers. We have been in this industry for 20+ years and have dealt with MANY service dogs. We do not allow animals in the seats or on a persons lap close to the table top. We never question a person's disability, all our staff is instructed to do is ask if it is a service animal and what specific duty it is trained to do. We rarely even ask this question unless there is a possible doubt that the dogs in question are not true working dogs. If an animal barks or comes out from under the table after customers or our staff they are asked to be taken out of the restaurant because the owner is not in control of them. As we consider your needs we also ask that you consider our other customers too. Here is a copy of our restaurant rules.
"The Quarterdeck always allows trained Service Animals in our establishment.
Due to health laws and the comfort of our other patrons it is our policy that trained Service Animals must be on a lead and remain on the floor under the table.

We do not allow animals in purses or strollers. The holders are to be left outside and your Service Animal is to be on a lead to be allowed in our restaurant. It must also act professionally.
We appreciate your consideration of our other patrons".
Unfortunately, there are many unscrupulous people who abuse the service animal industry by bringing their pets under the disguise of a service animal into an eating establishment.
* Please note that comfort and companion animals are not considered trained service animals and are not allowed in our restaurant. Saying your animal is a trained service animal when it's not is against the law. In California it is a $1000.00 fine and 6 months in jail.
Rohnert Park, California
“Good Food”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Service was quick and friendly. We even coerced the waitress to sit on our friends lap for an incriminating photo. She laughed and we all had a lot of fun. Food was good and as ordered.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jim W
Trisha J, General Manager at Quarterdeck, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for the great review, but we would all like you to post the picture! Hahaha!
Fremont, California
“Decent place for a few drinks”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

There aren't many late night options near the hotels in AG so this was a decent place to get a few drinks. There is definitely a very strong fish smell which may turn some people off.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Marchal M
Trisha R, General Manager at Quarterdeck, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for your review! The restaurant typically never has a fish odor. It is cleaned nightly by a professional cleaning crew that steam cleans all the floors and equipment. However, when lobster is detached from the shell, the shell itself develops a strong fish odor. Our staff has been trained to always serve a side plate and immediately remove shells from the table. Unfortunately it sounds like this did not happen which results in a fishy smell. It is the only thing I can think of. I hope you will try us again next time you are in town.