“I'm losing interest...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rooster Creek Tavern

Rooster Creek Tavern
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Arroyo Grande, California
“I'm losing interest...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

I live in Arroyo Grande and was excited that the folks that own another local popular restaurant were going to open Rooster Creek Tavern. When they opened, there was the usual flurry of excitement, which came along with growing pains and menu changes. Now that they have been open for over a year, you would think they have it dialed in.

My wife likes the chop salad with her version of additions. My son's favorite tacos have been added to the kids menu. I've never liked the food at Rooster Creek, except for the pizza and even those are mediocre. However, we keep returning because of the salad.

On a recent lunch visit to Rooster Creek, we decided to diverge from our "standard" and ordered Fish & Chips, the JBLT and a kids burger. BIG mistake. Greasy carb fest with way too much bread.

I'm at the point that I'm losing interest and Rooster Creek is now off my list. Perhaps I'll stop in for a cold beer, but that's about it.

Fix the menu. You're a sports bar, nothing more.

• Visited January 2014

Nipomo, California
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

Very crowded mid-week; eat here and you'll see why. We both had chicken dishes that were excellent. Don't miss out on the Italian buccatini; a rarity pasta in a restaurant and it was perfectly prepared. Great selection of draft beers.

• Visited December 2013
Arroyo Grande, California
“Nice tavern”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

This is a nice tavern that serves a limited menu. The food is good, but not great. Prices are a bit high.

Visited June 2013
“Unexpected surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

We came here on a Wednesday night around 9:30 pm for dinner. We came from Pismo Beach where apparently everything closes between 8:30-9:00 pm. Based on other reviews, we were apprehensive about dining here, but since it was open and we were starving, we decided to stop in. I'm glad we did stop in because we were pleasantly surprised by the service, food, and atmosphere.
We were immediately greeted by a friendly hostess who sat us at a table.
Our waitress came over and asked us if we wanted anything to drink. I ordered a lemon drop and my love ordered a pint of Guinness. His beer was good my drink was strong, but really good.
I ordered a California chicken club with fries and my love ordered BBQ chicken wings. The food was really good.
I'm not sure what people expect when they come here. It's not a four star sit down dinner-the atmosphere is that of a sports bar. There are a few televisions here, but there is some seating where there are none quite as visible.
If you want a decent late night meal and don't mind sports bars, try Rooster Creek Tavern.

1 Thank Mercurial1
Los Osos, California
“Better Tavern than Grill”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Once for lunch, once for dinner. Same conclusion. Food average at best. TriTip sandwich doesn't hold a candle to the one at McClintock's down the street. Fries had a nice presentation but were limpy; coleslaw room temperature. Lots of pluses: friendly bar, nice wait staff, indoor and outdoor dining, and charming street in Old Village of Arroyo Grande.

• Visited November 2013