“Local Mexican Fare”
Review of Me and Z's - CLOSED

Me and Z's
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Ok, it was a dark night and we had skipped meals all day and were hungry. We decided after wasting time with a debate over what we wanted as opposed to how far we were willing to go to get it and remembered that Me & Z's had just moved back to their old location recently. I called in a togo order and they said 10 minutes. Ok, prompt service is a plus and it's just around the corner from us.
The staff were very friendly and the kitchen at the end on the day was relatively clean looking as I could see most of it from the cashier's desk just inside the front door.
The food , I'm sorry to say was a bit bland. I ordered a Chili Colorado Burrito and am used to having it light up my taste bugs at our usual hang out but this one just kind of fizzled. My wife's Chili Verde Gordita was mostly the Corn Masa and bland also. We also had the Chili Relleno and it was a bit oil soaked and yes, also bland.
If you like calm Mexican food with no spicy surprises this is for you.
Oh, and very important is that they are pet friendly so that brings them up a notch. You have to be pet friendly these days in a tourist town.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I have eaten at Me & Z's three times so far and I find the food fresh, well prepared, and tasty. Service was prompt, friendly, and courteous. The premises are very clean and there was ample parking. Prices are a little higher than average ($8 - $13 for a typical Mexican plate of one entree, rice, and beans, with accompanying corn chips and salsa). A cup of soup and a small serving of ice cream came with the dinner... an unexpected and pleasant surprise.

I would rate this restaurant one of the better Mexican restaurants in the San Luis Obispo and the Five Cities area, comparable to Juan's Cantina in Oceano.

I would go to Me & Z's again and would recommend it.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Great food and service. Have eaten here several times and was always very pleased with everything. Must try my favorite posole, only served on Saturday I think. That day the free soup with entree is posole. My partner Gail and I always try something different and it always is the best. I like it spicy and the many different hot sauces at the table provide any level of spice.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by homemade tortilla chips and everything made with fresh ingredients. The restaurant also gave us each a starter bowl of soup and dessert of ice cream with cinnamon/sugar tortilla chips on the house.house. The seafood stew was outstanding.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

We loved our dinner at Me and Z's. The staff was friendly, the food was excellent, and the value was great - with the purchase of an entree, in addition to chips and salsa, you also get a small cup of soup and a delicious dessert. It was so good, we went back a second time during our four night stay! Highly recommended.