“You will be pleased with your breakfast”
Review of Village Cafe

Village Cafe
Ranked #17 of 79 Restaurants in Arroyo Grande
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Old town diner with lots of nostalgia. The food is always great and the service is always attentive.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

We ate here while at the annual Strawberry Festival. Despite the huge crowds we got a table to sit down and rest our feet. To our surprise the food and service was great. I had the daily special which was chicken tamales with eggs, rice and beans. Lots of food for only $9.99. The eggs were fresh and not greasy. The tamales were homemade and had a lot of chicken and the right balance of "masa". My husband ordered eggs,sausage and potatoes with biscuits and gravy. The gravy was authentic and flavorful. The servers are very friendly and talkative, they come by to refill coffee and soda. Soda refills are free here. I highly recommend this place if you want to eat where the locals eat. We will be back.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

I only have been here for breakfasts. It's one of my favorite local restaurants. Ownened, operated, and served, by the owner herself, and a few other sweet gals. I always get the spanish omelet. The bisquits and gravy are great, as are the country potatoes. Open for lunch as well. But I have other favorites for that just up the street a bit ;) Follow me on...

Reviewed November 8, 2011

We have a business in the Village for 2 years now, and my family just stopped in a couple days ago. I wish I had visited sooner, how stupid am I!!?? The place is old I know, and in need of an update, but the food was soooo good! BLT, cheeseburger and kids chicken nuggets. Loved my BLT and the onion rings alone, were come-back quality. Got a coupon from the Village treat-or-treating halloween (free kids meal). Sorry that it took that to make me visit after 2 years in the AG. Going back again, and yes the onion rings are so on my list!

Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stopped in Arroyo Grande for breakfast. After driving down the main street of the city the girls choose “The Village Café” for our breakfast meal. It was around 10:30 am so I thought lunch might be best for me. We were seated and after asking we were informed that lunch could be ordered but anything that needed to be deep fried would not be allowed. Two of us ordered breakfast and two ordered lunch. Two poached eggs, one with bacon and a biscuit, and the other eggs with sausage and wheat toast were our breakfast order. The eggs were cooked as ordered, and both the bacon and sausage were cooked well. Complements went to the country biscuit for both its size and fluffy inside. The lunch orders were a hamburger and a grilled cheese sandwich. They were ok but I was not so happy with the side of hash brown potatoes. I suggest that if it is morning just order breakfast.