“Good Naked Buritto Bowl”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Baja Fresh - Arroyo Grande
Ranked #22 of 76 Restaurants in Arroyo Grande
Cuisines: Mexican
Arroyo Grande, California
“Good Naked Buritto Bowl”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Trying to watch the carbs, we always order the bare (or naked) burrito at Baja Fresh. It's delicious and healthy as far as fast food goes. Get the black bean option. Sour cream is optional, but low in carbs, so if you're doing Atkins, it works. The service is fast and there's always lots of different salsas to add to the meal. You can set outside on the patio or enjoy your food indoors.

• Visited October 2011

Arroyo Grande, California
“Consistently good, but watch the calories!”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

As other reviewers have noted, Baja Fresh is fast food Mexican. It's made to order, and tastes good. Upon entry, you find a clean, well lit facility with plenty of activity behind the counter. The cooking area is in plain sight, so you can see how clean they keep things. In fact, when the counter help is not behind the counter, they are efficiently cleaning up or bringing food out tio the tables (even though they call numbers for food pickup).

My biggest complaints are the calories in the food. Wow! Look acrefully as many of the dihes they serve are well over 600 calories! Even the "skinny" bowls are fairly high in calories. That basket of chips and salsa are 700 calories! If you get the tacos, you are on the right track.

My other complaint is the tables. Almost all of the table are tall with high stools. The round tables are too small for a group of 3. Outdoor seating limited, but nice.

I disagree with the reviewer that thinks this restaurant is out of the way. The shopping center in which it is located is just off the 101 freeway, close to a bunch of shopping.

We were pleasantly impressed with the service on our last visit. Friendly faces. Efficient attention to requests. They will even bring your food out and clean the tables.

Overall, this Baja Fresh provides consistently good food in a clean and friendly environment.

• Visited January 2012
Arroyo Grande, California
“Very good, always consistent.”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Have eaten at this location many times. Always good, very clean, fast and friendly. No complaints at all. The location is a little out of the way (for us anyway), which is why we don't eat there more often... but when we go to do our shipping at Trader Joe's, we often stop in here, since it is next door.

• Visited August 2011
San Luis Obispo, California
“Tasty, fast, and filling!”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I'm a really healthy eater--no fast-food junkie--and I haven't eaten at a Jack-in-the-Box or McDonalds' type of establishment in well over twenty years. But whenever I'm in the Pismo Beach/Five Cities area of the Central Coast and feeling peckish I know where to go--Baja Fresh. They have a number of Mexican style dishes such as fajitas, quesadillas, tacos, etc. I generally stick to the Mahi-Mahi grilled fish tacos in corn tortillas without the rice and beans (though I know that my husband always enjoys these sides--they do taste good!) I've tried the shrimp tacos and the shrimp salad and won't do it again (the side-salads are are about average.) The tacos come with cabbage, tomato salsa, avocado slices, and a light crema that I know is dairy free (I've asked many times due to my own food sensitivities.) The tacos used to have two thin slices of fish, but now they use one slice though I've been assured by management that this has to do with the supplier. I'm told the single slice weighs the same amount as the two slices together.
No matter how you slice it, a grilled fish taco (or two!) is relatively inexpensive--the prices went up a tiny bit recently--a light, and quick meal that tastes great. There's also a "bar" with several different salsas, lime slices, peppers, and cilantro so you can season your meal at will. They even have beer.
Don't mistake this for authentic Mexican cuisine. Baja Fresh is fast-food, but not run-of -the-mill food on the go. Paper plates, plastic cups, etc. This is actually my biggest issue with BJ--the enormous amount of waste! The place is clean, well-lit, pleasantly staffed (though with the recent changes staff is not quite as friendly as before) and the meals are made-to-order.
Definitely worth your consideration, especially if you don't feel like fighting the beach traffic and chaos.

• Visited July 2011
San Luis Obispo, California
“You'll be satisfied! Tasty, fast, filling, and fresh”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I'm a really healthy eater--no fast-food junkie--and I haven't eaten at a Jack-in-the-Box or McDonalds' etc. in over twenty years! But whenever I'm in the Pismo Beach/Five Cities area of the Central Coast and feeling peckish I know where to go--Baja Fresh. They have a number of Mexican style dishes such as fajitas, quesadillas, tacos, etc. I have to admit that I generally stick to the Mahi-Mahi grilled fish tacos in corn tortillas without the rice and beans (though I know that my husband always enjoys these sides--they do taste good!) The tacos are filled with cabbage, tomato salsa, avocado slices, and a light crema that I know is dairy free (I've asked many times due to my own food sensitivities.) The tacos used to have two thin slices of fish, but now they use one slice though I've been assured by management that the single slice weigh the same amount as the two slices together.
No matter how you slice it, a grilled fish taco (or two!) is a relatively inexpensive (the prices went up a tiny bit recently), light, and quick meal that tastes great. There's also a "bar" with several different salsas, lime slices, and cilantro so you can season your meal at will. They even have beer.
The place is clean, well-lit, pleasantly staffed (though with the recent changes staff is not quite as friendly as before) and the meals are made-to-order .
Definitely worth your consideration!

• Visited July 2011