“Out of ribs on a Saturday evening!”

The Oak Pit BBQ Company
Ranked #59 of 79 Restaurants in Arroyo Grande
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 12, 2012

My review is based on the fact that they did not have any ribs (okay they had three baby backs, no seriously three ribs...not slabs). So my review is not of the food, but of the lack of ability to forecast demand. I have been in the hospitality business for years and if any of my places fell this far short, heads would roll!

1  Thank CoffeeBuzzz

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Was driving by and stopped for lunch, glad we did. Food was excellent. Had their version of cheese steak which is tri tip with cheese, peppers, onions. Excellent. Wife had pulled pork sandwich was she said was very good. Home made potato chips out of this world.Staff friendly and helpful with menu selections. Yes it is a hole in the wall but worth going to. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

This was one of the best bbques I have been too. You know it's good when the lunch line is outside the door. Great food great value

Reviewed March 24, 2012

I visited tonight to just pick up a snack...one beef rib. It didn't have much meat for four bucks plus tax. Bought my father a gift card from Oak Pit for Christmas and the first time I went to use it for him, I ordered 3 beef ribs, a large potato salad and fries (over the phone). Got there and THEN they told me, they don't have any beef ribs but had the potato salad and fries waiting for me. Lol... Went back a second time and then they told me that they changed computer systems and didn't know the balance on the gift card and shorted it. Heck...go to Burrito Loco next door or to JJ's Market across the street for delish baby back ribs. This place used to be fantastic about six years ago but heard the owner got sick, passed and two or three other owners have been in there since.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

Good Q doesn't need sauce, cause it's fully seasoned and properly cooked to begin with. This place has good Q... we got our pulled pork and tri tip by the pound to go. Sauce on the side (we never even used it). Very reasonably priced. The best smoked tri tip we've had in a long time.