“Beautiful Lake; Cramped Grounds”

Lopez Lake Recreation Area
More attraction details
Owner description: A picturesque camping, hiking and outdoor recreation area.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The lake is beautiful. It's very windy at the lake, but wind is not an issue once you leave the lake. However, the campground is a different story. Most of the spots are VERY small and EXTREMELY close to each other. BTW, we drove past the RV's campground, and they were seriously overcrowded. There was barely room for a couple of chairs between each RV. I don't think I'll stay here again.

3  Thank Rebecca H

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Relaxation/nature/beauty/pleasure?

The camping grounds has all this to offer and more!

Our Motak family reunion of over 30 relatives/friends was a joyous celebration!

1  Thank Freda M
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My family and I camped at bandtail with our 5th wheel. The spot and location were perfect, the other campers not so much and made for a terrible stay. One spot played prince, the other mariachi, and the third old school music all day and night. It would not have been so bad if the bass wasn't turned up and of course these were individuals I did not want to confront. I had visions of waking up finally after falling asleep to slashed tires. Second night I had enough and had to drive down to the rangers station twice. Finally they shut up around 12. The rangers nor camp hosts have control over these types of guests whom are totally disrespectful to other campers. I endured music, loud cursing, and drunk people for 2 days. The last day we made it a point to leave super early and take a long time hooking up making as much noise as possible and we weren't the only family who did the same thing. Some people ruin it for everyone. I have a feeling that these campers will drive families and other respectful campers to look at more peaceful and serene environments.

9  Thank D P
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Lopez can be a fun lake. Gotta watch out for the wind though. Nice alternative if you don't want to drive to Naciemento or San Antonio.

1  Thank rambuncious
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Almost every year we stay at Lake Lopez campground. We try to arrange our visit during their off season for peace and quiet. We were not disappointed this year. There were only four other camp sites being used in our area (Quail). However, the day before we left it began filling up.
It's easy to make reservations and the staff is very friendly and helpful.
We love the camp ground for it's wild life: Turkeys, squirrell, deer, and occasionally skunk. There are also many varieties of birds. The camp sites are clean and almost all of them have fire rings. The rest rooms are also well maintained.
Across from Quail there is a nice play ground area and up the road a piece are the water slides.
The lake is a beautiful site. I've heard the fishing can be quite rewarding.
Look forward to our visit next year.

2  Thank buffynana