“On my personal top 5 list!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande/Pismo Beach Area
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Arroyo Grande
Grass Valley, California, United States
“On my personal top 5 list!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Very clean, friendly staff, beautiful ammenities. Breakfast was also a pleasant surprise. Everything was high quality and exceptionally clean. I was so impressed with the room I took photos so I could do some home decorating in the same fashion. Bathroom was huge and the shower was to die for -- Definitely will visit again!

Room Tip: Fitness center is fabulous! Bring workout clothes!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lee B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande/Pismo Beach Area, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Emma S,

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! I will share your review with the staff. It's always nice to know we have provided excellent service and comfortable accommodations. I'm glad you had a chance to enjoy breakfast too! We look forward to your next visit! Warm Regards, Lee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Vlaardingen, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Overall a good hotel, but I rented a executive suite on the first floor. First night with no issues at all. Good bed, nice bathroom and good place to keep connected and get work done. The next day however I discovered something not so nice. After a quick swim in the Pacific I took a shower and after that I felt itching on my lower legs.... FLEAS... what the .. is this. Turned out it was allowed to keep pets on the first floor. But, good service, got me another room on a different floor. The other surprise was with breakfast. Caron cups and plates, plastic forks and knives... What's this? Crazy... not so much food to choose from either....

Room Tip: Do not take a room on the pets allowed floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank koppd0
Lee B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande/Pismo Beach Area, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear koppd0,

Thank you for sharing your experience and I assure you I am taking every effort to address any problems on the pet floor. I apologize for any discomfort you experienced. Glad to hear we were able to move you to a comfortable room. As for the paper goods and plastic utinsels unfortunately, we have to comply with the Brand Standards and don't have a choice in the matter. Usually our guests really enjoy the large selection for breakfast so I'm not sure where we fell short on selection as that too is a Brand Standard. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention as I really appreciate the opprotunity to make sure to address any problems. Hope you'll come see us again if you make it back to the area! By the way, Cute Baby picture! Warmest Regards, Lee
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We were looking for a quiet, clean place in the Pismo Beach area just for a one-night stay last week and landed (used Hilton points) at this Hampton Inn. I often choose Hampton for their value, as parking is free, breakfast is always good, the beds are excellent, bathrooms big, and service always very good. This one did not disappoint on any of those qualities.

A little more detail... the breakfast, while pretty crowded, was truly excellent, and the staff here did a commendable job keeping up with the many children that were running around and messing things up a bit. :-) The highway is unfortunately located right next to the hotel, but even though we had a room directly facing it, did not find noise from it intrusive. Everything in the room, especially the bed, was of high quality, and we slept well. We also found the location, while not walking distance from "downtown pismo" was just fine, only a short drive from where we wanted to eat.

One gripe... the desk chairs. They paid some money for these, clearly, as they are modern and leather, but they are really odd in the way they pinch in and drive two very uncomfortable poles into your shoulder blades. I'm tall, but not wide, and had to pile two pillows behind me to sit on these chairs for even 10 minutes.

Other than the chairs, everything great. Front desk staff (particularly the blonde lady - Debra?) were really very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: There may be nice rooms facing north / not facing the highway. We didn't ask and just took the r...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Trojan55,

Wow what a nice review. You really put some thought into this and I thank you for the details. I'm glad you found our hotel comfortable and you enjoyed the area! We'll make every effort to have you facing the beach the next time you visit. thank you again for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. Warmest Regards, Lee
Long Beach, CA
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Spouse, two grandchildren, two nights; an excellent facility with pleasant staff. We were there January 2-4, 2013 and used the pool and hot tub; both clean and heated [the pool as well as the tub]. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lee B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande/Pismo Beach Area, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Retiredtraveler78,

I'm so glad to hear you and your grand children enjoyed our hotel especially the pool and hot tub! I will share your lovely comments about my friendly staff with them. It's always nice to hear from our guests and we look forward to your next visit with us! enjoy the New Year! Warm Regards, Lee
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stopped at the hotel just by chance. The 'government rate' was 87$/night. Probably it is not worth that. The breakfast, however, is good and well above average for this kind of hotel, and the Internet is free. There were some kids running up and down the hall but that stopped around 9 pm. There is some road noise since 101 is right adjacent to the building. The rooms are plain but fairly spacious.

Overall, at about 70 $/night, this place would be a good value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lee B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande/Pismo Beach Area, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear QQ1234,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel. Sorry if you felt that the price was too high for your liking. We do strive to price point our rates as competive with the surrounding hotels in the area. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast and hope you had a good night sleep.
We wish you a Happy Holiday Season! Warm regards, Lee
Roseville, California
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

In the top ten percent of Hampton Inns I've stayed in. The only drawback was that there was no microwave and fridge(some Hamptons include them, some you have to book a suite) we had a view of Pismo Beach from our west facing room on the 4th floor.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank flyngirlCA
Lee B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande/Pismo Beach Area, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear FlyngirlCA,

Thank you for your wonderful review and sharing them with us! I appreciate you taking time out of your day. You are right, refrigerators and microwaves in every room would be very convenient. As you mentioned we do have our Studio suites that do have them. Next time you visit the area please let me know and we'll make every effort to assign this room type for you. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again! Happy Holidays from all of us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande! Kind Regards, Lee
La Quinta, California
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This was a great hotel which I stayed at for business travel. It is only about a year old and still has the "NEW" smell to it. Great color scheme, marble countertops, flat screen, free wi-fi and free hot breakfast. It is only about 1 mile from the Pismo Beach Outlet Mall as well, which has some fun shopping! I would recommend this for business or vacation travel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Yorkilovr,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm so glad we made your business trip comfortable and convenient. I will share your comments with my staff. It's always nice to hear we've acheived our goal making our guests fell welcome and comfortable. We look forward to your next visit with us! Happy Holidays from all of us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande! Warm Regards, Lee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arroyo Grande
#1 of 29 in Pismo Beach
Cottage Inn by the Sea
Cottage Inn by the Sea
#7 of 29 in Pismo Beach

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande/Pismo Beach Area? Share your experiences!