“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Arroyo Grande
Arizona, Usa
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Most friendly and welcoming hotel we've stayed at ever! Amber at the front desk made us feel like the most important guest at the hotel. Fabulous breakfasts, great amenities, pool and spa in perfect condition, and the entire property was spotless. My family used the fitness center both days and reported it was beautiful and very clean. The guest room was like the rest of the property, super clean and neat. Complimentary WIFI worked at high speed and without a single glitch. The property is about 5 minutes to the beach, is surrounded by shopping centers and restaurants. When I was in traveling for business I would have been delighted to stay here. I recommend this property for Business, couples, family (Like us) and solos.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the freeway are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lee B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande/Pismo Beach Area, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Hello Grampy46,
Thank you so much for the great reviews about our Hotel! I will definately share your comments with Amber. It's so delightful to hear you had a wonderful stay with us! We look forward to your next visit! Thank you again and we'll see you soon! Warm Regards, Lee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

My fiancee and I stayed here recently on a whim after returning from a trip to Las Vegas. We were leery since we were not familiar with this hotel. Once we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised. The woman at the front desk was so friendly and really went out of her way to make us feel welcome. She recommended a restaurant for us to try complete with spot-on directions. The room was clean and beautiful and the breakfast, while not exceptional, was more than we expected. All in all it was a wonderful stay and we will recommend this for all of our out of town guests.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lee B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande/Pismo Beach Area, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Good Morning and thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande! So happy that you enjoyed your visit with us! I will share your comments with my staff to show that all their hard work does not go unnoticed. Thank you again for the great comments and we hope to see you next time you're in the area. Warm Regards, Lee
White Rock, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Actual rating = 3.25

Being a fairly new property, the Hampton Inn Arroyo Grande felt and looked both clean and functional. Though, there was a dead bird on the windowsill outside our room. It happens sometimes. The Hampton has a nice location with a peek-a-boo view from some of the rooms and pool. The room was well designed, with a good bathroom, but, the walls ARE thin. Traffic noise from the highway below might be noticeable to some in rooms facing the road. It didn't bother us. The staff were friendly and accommodating, we had no problem getting a double queen room with our Priceline rate. We found the complimentary breakfast to be about average. The Hampton is close to some decent restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the parking lot have less road noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank protravel1
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande. I enjoyed your description of the peek-a-boo view that is available from some of the rooms. I am sorry about the dead bird. We recently had the invasion of swallows (federally protected nests) that recently dispursed. We are addressing the clean-up issues and hope to have a full remedy in place before they try to return. I'm glad the highway noise didn't disturb you. We try to ask all of our guests if they are sensitive to noise so we can assign their room in the most logical areas in the hotel. Thank you again for staying with us and your sharing comments! We hope you will visit us again the next time you're in the area. Warm Regards, Lee
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Finally had the opportunity to stay at this newer Hampton Inn the in the Arroyo Grande/Pismo Beach area. Front staff was friendly and provided me with directions to local restaurants.

Breakfast was the typical Hampton Inn food with nothing extraordinary. Happy to see two waffle irons. Hotel is located next to the 101 but you can request rooms on the east side toward the parking lot which are less noisy.

I'm a Gold HH member so I was pleased to see my ammenity in the room. My only minor complaint was the used desk chair with the worn arm sides which I thought was highly unusual for a two year newer Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side facing the parking lot are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lee B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande/Pismo Beach Area, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review for our Hotel. I welcome any information to help us to make any neccessary improvements. As you mention about the desk chair arms are in poor condition, we are addressing the problem as soon as possible. I appreciate your comments and thank you for being a Hilton Hnors Gold member and enjoyed your snack. We look forward to your next visit with us! Have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend! Kind Regards, Lee
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We have a small dog and I find it difficult to live it when I travel. That hotel is pet friendly. They don't charge any extras for pets. They put us on the first floor where there was easy access to the street.
The whole facility is newer, so the décor is modern and pleasant. The room was spacious and clean.
The location is unfortunate because is right next to the freeway on one side and to the hill on the other side. It was a little bit noisy when you open the window since we faced the freeway side. Pool side is rather small and next to the bare hillside. However it is also close (walking distance) to the shopping center and various grocery stores.
Breakfast is good and nicely organized. Staff is very friendly and professional. Overall it is the best hotel in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room oposite to freeway. If you have a pet, you are alow to stay on level one but ask for...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GraooGra
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I'm so glad you and your little four-legged friend found our facility comfortable. I will share the great comments with my staff to encourage them to keep up the good work! So happy you found us the best hotel in the area for your needs. We look forward to your next visit with us! Have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend! Kind Regards, Lee
Santa Barbara
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed here in June as we were in town for my daughters softball tournament and I'm glad we did. It was also graduation weekend for Cal Poly so everything in the area was really booked. We got the best deal we could on Hotwire and crossed our fingers.

The hotel itself is fairly new, the rooms were nice and simple. Beds were comfy. Free Wi-fi, free parking and no charge for a roll-away bed. Staff was really nice and the breakfast was good. Also simple but good and perfect for us as we were on the go early in the morning.

There was also a shopping centers close by with a Wal-Mart, In & Out, Movie theatre, etc.

I'd come back and stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room that does not face the freeway.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lee B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande/Pismo Beach Area, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for staying with us in June for your soccer tournament. Hope your team won! I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit to the area! Warm Regards, Lee
Chino Hills, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Party of four stayed at this hotel from Friday to Sunday. The room was clean, staff was friendly even when we checked in later than expected. I liked the fact that they offer complimentary toiletries if you forgot them at home. Great location- only 5 minutes drive to downtown Pismo Beach and 5 minutes to Grover Beach (ATV sand dunes). We didn't like our room (115) because it was right next to the fitness center and we can hear the treadmills and machines next door, and the fitness center is open from 6:00 to 11:00. The breakfast was ok...smelled better than it tasted. Also, we found it cheaper to book on the Hampton Inn website directly than to go through any other travel websites - not sure if this is just a fluke or if it's something that's consistent.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
I read your review of our hotel and glad you took the time to share your experience with us! I apologize if you did not like the location of your room or the taste of breakfast. We typically will offer to move you to another room if you find it less than suitable. The breakfast items are changed daily so I'm not sure what items you chose to try but I assure you that we can find something you like from the large selection we offer. Just let us know and we will be happy to help with your preferred selections. The booking process can be tricky and we always advise our guests to contact Hilton or the hotel directly rather than chance it with another booking site. Thanks again for taking the time to let us know how we can better suit your needs and we look froward to your next visit with us! Warm Regards, Lee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arroyo Grande
Cottage Inn by the Sea
Cottage Inn by the Sea
#6 of 27 in Pismo Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,135 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande/Pismo Beach Area? Share your experiences!