“Quick weekend getaway”

Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande/Pismo Beach Area
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Arroyo Grande
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Booked this room last minute so we paid $200 for one night, ouch but it was worth it considering every other hotel was booked. It was a nice hotel our room was very spacious for us and our 5 year old. The breakfast was good especially the waffles. Service was good! and very close to shopping center, food, etc and the beach of course

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande/Pismo Beach Area

Reviewed July 12, 2012

For those headed to the central coast, I highly recommend Hampton Inn, Arroyo Grande. We paid about $120 for the room (before tax). It is super close to Pismo, Avila, etc. I felt safe in the area, the room was very clean (I actually bathed my daughter in the tub and didn’t cringe – too much – when she crawled on the floor, and I’m a germaphobe!) and the staff was SO nice. I mentioned in my reservation we had a 9 month old, and they upgraded us to a suite and gave us the room at the end of the hall so we only shared one wall with someone else. They called to see how we liked the room and there was a decent free continental breakfast.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

The hotel was nice overall. The room was very clean. But there was no luggage rack and only one small trash can in the bathroom. None in the bedroom. Also would have been nice to have at least one comfortable chair!

1  Thank redfrazierpark
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The hotel is newer and nice overall. We had a room with one king-sized bed overlooking the furniture store next door and we did have a slight ocean view in the far distance.
Perhaps I was expecting too much after reading all of the other great reviews...or perhaps the "brusque" nature of the woman at check-in got our trip off on the wrong foot. We were rushed through our check-in and when we asked to have a crib sent to our room she replied impatiently, "IF I have one" and sent us on our way (one was sent up after a phone call from the front desk asking how things were in the room). The room was clean but small with an odd layout. For the amount of money charged I am surprised there is no microwave or refrigerator included. The bathroom was spacious and well appointed with bath amenities. As other travelers noted, the freeway was very noisy, both during the day and night. We also found the walls to be thin when the hotel got busy during the second night of our stay.
I do have to note that another gentleman working the front desk was very friendly and helpful when we spoke to him later in the evening.
We visit Pismo Beach several times a year and this is our first time staying in Arroyo Grande. The town is lovely and we found some good local restaurants. AG is one exit away from Pismo and a great location if you are looking to save a little money or like to stay just outside of the crowds. You'll likely drive the same distance than if you stayed in Pismo, away from downtown.
Bottom-line: A nice, clean hotel overall if you get a good deal on a room on the back side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room far away from the freeway
Reviewed July 7, 2012

While on a business trip, we needed to stay in Arroyo Grande, CA. We have always had good luck with Hampton Inns, so we decided to stay there on our trip. As always, the room was nice, clean and had everything we needed. The breakfast was very good and they kept it well stocked, even though there was quite a crowd. When in doubt stay with what you know. It paid off in this case.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We spent one night at this hotel on 6/17/12. The rooms were very nice, clean and the guy that checked us in was very professional and friendly. The heated pool was also nice and clean. There was a washer and dryer which made things very convenience for me becase I have kids. Overall, my stay was very positive and had a very good experience there. The only problem I have was that the hotel double charged me because my name was misspelled wrong when I called to book the hotel. I am still in the process of resolving this issue, depending on what the outcome of this, will determine if I will return or continue to stay at any Hampton/Hilton hotel. If you are booking the hotel via phone, make sure your name is spell correctly.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank tuelor
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We had a new clean room with a great price. Bed was placed against the bathroom wall which was between the room and the hall. This logical positioning of the bed and bathroom helped reduce noise. Free WIFI, breakfast, and parking made the value outstanding. Peg the manager checked us in and she was extremely friendly and helpful with advice on local events and restaurants. We will stay here again if we are ever in the area.

Room Tip: Use AAA membership to save money.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
#9 of 29 in Pismo Beach
Spyglass Inn
Spyglass Inn
#10 of 29 in Pismo Beach

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande/Pismo Beach Area? Share your experiences!