“A Great discovery in Arnold” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arnold Black Bear Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arnold
Arnold Black Bear Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Arnold B&B and Inns
Belmont, California
“A Great discovery in Arnold”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

We were suppose to stay in downtown Murphys, but a nice lady we met at Murphys suggested this B&B instead. She guaranteed me and my husband that this was a better choice. We've never been to Arnold so we were not sure what to expect. What a beauty!! We were greeted by a very gracious and friendly lady who happens to be the owner. Her name is Wendi. As soon as we checked-in and brought our bags to the room we did a bit of walking to the nearby shops. We came back not too long after to relax and unwind to a delightful plate of cheeses and wine. Wendi made dinner reservation for us at the nearby golf lodge which is supposedly open to the public on fridays and saturdays for dinner. It was a nice treat to be able to dine in this private golf resort. We came home after a fun day of exploring Angels Camp, Murphys and Arnold and slept extremely well in our very comfortable bed. We told Wendi that we will have our breakfast at 8:30. We overslept! That's how comfortable we were. Another surprise awaits us at the dining table for breakfast. Bruce is the Chef and Wendi's wonderful husband. The food he prepared looked like something out of a food magazine. It was so well presented. I did not want to touch it. Again, they didn't fail us. It was yummy and delicious. This was a memorable experience and I've already mentioned this to family and friends. We will DEFINITELY be back!! Bruce & Wendi, thank you for your hospitality and welcoming us to your beautiful home. Everything was excellent!

Room Tip: There are only 5 bedrooms. I'm sure all bedrooms are alike or similar to one another.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Enjoyed our stay immensely. Wished it were longer. The breakfast was perfect and plentiful. Took long walks among the trees at Calaveras big trees state park. Picked up fresh apple donuts at the apple stand on hwy 4. The hot tub outside was devine. Looking up at the stars. I would definitely return.

• Stayed February 2014
Redwood City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

I had my birthday at this charming B&B and could not ask for more. Besides the beautifully appointed rooms with wonderful views and very, very nice bathrooms, besides a very nice simple but very elegant interior of the great room, proprietor’s attention to every detail made our stay and my birthday celebration very special. Wendi and Bill are wonderful hosts and are extremely easy to work with. They treated us like old friends and we and our friends felt as guest in a very warm home. Bill is a terrific chef and the delicious meal (and I am terribly picky) was beautifully served. It was a delightful experience and I am looking forward to going back. Thank you so much Wendi and Bill.

Room Tip: Every room is excellent and has it's own interior design.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Lodi, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

This is a great spot to unwind, as we did, in the Sierras. Bruce and Wendie go out of their way to make sure you are welcome and that your time with them is restful. You must be sure and remain before dinner for their cheese and wine presentation; you will be amazed. Do not miss breakfast; the two of them serve each other to be sure that your meal is delicious and well presented. The presentation is spectacular. The spa and the Jacuzzi are excellent for a rest. The great hall is spectacular as well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Arnold, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

This will be the third year we had Thanksgiving at the Black Bear Inn and this time we treated ourselves to a whole week. We came home VERY relaxed and happy! They say this is a bed and breakfast, but you really need to arrange for Bruce to cook dinner as well. Ask for what you want and he can make it happen.

For a multi night stay at Thanksgiving, they include dinner. No cooking, no cleaning and Bruce's awesome cooking and Wendi's awesome desserts. The daily wine and cheese is always fun and different each day as is the breakfast. Even after 7 days, we had 7 different things.

Room Tip: 4 of the 5 have Jacuzzi tub.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Cruz, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Black Bear Inn! Wendy and Bruce have done a wonderful job with the place. The wood ceiling in the great room is beautiful! My room, the Tuscany, was so much nicer than it looked on the website, and it looks good on their website. I loved my little fireplace I could turn on with the flip of a switch! The food was incredible! I requested a low carb diet and they accommodated me. The best breakfast and coffee I've ever had in Arnold! When I arrived, I was served a glass of Chatom Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon "08" , cheeses of my choice, rice crackers, and grapes! It was all so yummy!

Room Tip: I loved the Tuscany. On the website the bedding looks like satin and polyester, but it was all soft...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Fremont, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

We went up to enjoy the mountains for hiking and fall coloring watching. We've gone to this area for years, but we decided to give the Black Bear Inn a try for the first time. It's a beautiful property, and Wendi and Bruce really know how to take care of you. From helping us pick a winery for our picnic on the way up to selecting good restaurants, they took care of everything. And how about enjoying our late afternoon wine and cheese snack in their beautiful Great Room with wines and cheeses that we selected......really above and beyond what we expected!! And lets not forget the fabulous breakfasts with just the right portions.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arnold
Mountain Retreat Resort
#1 of 1 in Bear Valley
Timberline Lodge
Timberline Lodge
#2 of 2 in Arnold

Been to Arnold Black Bear Inn? Share your experiences!