“Black Bear Inn”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arnold
Arnold Black Bear Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Arnold B&B and Inns
Isleton, California, United States
“Black Bear Inn”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed two nights for our 9 year anniversary. We loved everything about this place. It's quiet, peaceful, relaxing, romantic, and not badly priced when you consider your room rate includes a wine & cheese platter every evening, a full (delicious!) breakfast every morning, jacuzzi bath, fireplace, hot tub, etc. I can not recommend this place enough for anyone wanting to celebrate a special event (birthday, anniversary, wedding, honeymoon, etc), or just take time away to relax and refresh! A+ to the Black Bear Inn, and it's awesome owners; Wendi & Bruce!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Monterey, California
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I originally found the Black Bear Inn accidentally when shopping for a hotel in Murphy's. I did not stay that trip however this time made the best choice and will not be staying elsewhere in the future when visiting the area. Great comfy rooms, unbelievable food and the lounge area is super warm, large cabin like yet very cozy. I have not seen any photo's that give this place justice.

Room Tip: All rooms looked equal in quality to us.
Texas
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Great place to stay!! We had four peaceful nights sleep, gourmet breakfast every morning, gourmet wine and cheese in the evening, good ideas on what to see, where to eat and the best wineries! Wendi and Bruce are the best hosts you will ever have and thier inn is just perfect and in a quiet, beautiful forest setting.

Room Tip: We chose the Calaveras and it is a very nice room with king bed, end of the hall quiet, sitting area...
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Beautiful, nice and comfortable. Would love to come back again sometime, spend more time. Pity, we had to leave early and had a very short stay. We would love to walk around, to see the surrounding forest and all attractions. Will plan for that in the future. My best to Wendi and Bruce!

San Jose, California, United States
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My wife and I first stayed at the Black Bear Inn in early 2013. We were in Arnold looking for a cabin to buy. WOW! We couldn't have been happier with our choice! I knew it was going to be good when I exchanged a few emails with Wendi and Bruce (the owners and innkeepers) before our stay. They gave us lots of great restaurant suggestions. When we checked in our jaws dropped looking at the inn's great room. STUNNING ceilings. Beautiful furniture. Late afternoon wine and cheese, with nice local wines. The rooms are just as beautiful as the great room. COMFY beds. Pillows galore. And the best part: Bruce's French Toast breakfast is da-BOMB!

My wife and I ended up finding and buying our cabin, which led me to make 3 more visits over the next two months. Every time I stayed with Wendi and Bruce. They made me feel so at home it was wonderful. We can't wait to have them over to our place so that we can serve THEM wine & cheese.

You won't go wrong staying here. Its amazing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ipswich
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Wonderful location, excellent facilities everything you need for a complete chill out. Breakfast was fantastic, all in all perfect Inn in a perfect place. Thanks to Wendi and Bruce for their attention to detail

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Livermore, California
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I decided that a great place to celebrate my "39"th birthday was in the mountains, at the Black Bear Inn. Everything Bruce and Wendi do is "perfection"...which you notice as you approach the property, to the each unique room, the friendly owners and the FOOD...it's ALL gourmet, made and served with LOVE....each creative dish is prepared to perfection and served with a beautiful presentation and attention to detail..the gourmet breakfasts are included, and if you so choose (for extra $) Chef Bruce will prepare a delicious dinner....we chose the Salmon BBQ'd on a cedar plank,
This was our 3rd trip to the inn and we always feel like we're visiting family. We've stayed in a lot of inns through out the years and this by far is our very FAVORITE !!! I love the mountains and I love Arnold, and I love EVERYTHING about the inn..... Bruce and Wendi the owners, are a perfect team !!
I look forward to returning in the Fall...I've seen pictures of how beautiful the grounds are with all the colors of Fall

Room Tip: Each room is unique and beautiful. This trip we tried the Calaveras Room and I think we like it bes...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arnold
Mountain Retreat Resort
#2 of 2 in Arnold
Murphys Inn Motel
Murphys Inn Motel
#1 of 4 in Murphys

Been to Arnold Black Bear Inn? Share your experiences!