All reviewswine and cheesechef brucegreat roomhot tubfrench toastblack beansbed and breakfastperfect hostsget awayafternoon winebear valleygrounds are beautifulcalaveras big trees state parkwalk in showerevery aspectcrackersstayed longer
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Such a wonderful experience!! This Inn is more like a mini lodge with the hometown atmosphere of a personal bed & breakfast feeling. The moment you walk in you are instantly taken in by the beauty, and the country surroundings. Both Bruce and Wendi are the best hosts, giving cooking lessons, presenting the local wines, preparing the best breakfast or info on planning weddings.
Rooms are very comfortable and big! I will definitely be back!!
thanks

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Our stay at Black Bear Inn was fabulous! It was a perfect balance of activity and relaxation. The rooms were warm, comfortable, spacious and clean! The peacefullness of the Inn and the surrounding property was just what we needed for a fun and relaxing weekend with the girls! The hot tub in the back was a perfect addition! Wendi & Bruce were amazing Innkeepers! They were welcoming and instantly made you feel at home. The breakfast and dinners that were served to us were superb! Everything was exquisite and cooked to perfection! We have decided to make it an annual trip and I can hardly wait til next year!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I had a wonderful girls weekend at the Arnold Black Bear Inn. Bruce and Wendi made our stay so much better than we could have EVER imagined!! The rooms are warm and inviting. The breakfast and 5 course dinner we had was unbelievable. And, to top it off, we sat in spacious hot tub in the "backyard" looking out at the forest! Who could ask for more? I can't wait to come back with my husband.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 18, 2012

The Inn is beautiful. The first thing I noticed was how perfect the gardens are, and how peaceful it felt there. I think it would be a great place to have a wedding.
The rooms are cozy with comfortable beds with large bathrooms that are very clean.
The wine and cheese platter were delicious. Had the best breakfast ever. Our first morning there Chef Bruce prepared the best breakfast, nut crusted french toast with bacon, fruit and coffe and juice. Our second morning there we were served the best omelette I ever had, served with fruit, toast, juice and coffee.
His beautiful and charming wife Wendi, was very helpful making suggestions of things to do and restaurants to try etc. I heard there is a wonderful local masseuse, but I didn't get to try her. Next time I will make an appointment with her ,because there will definitely be another trip to the Arnold Black Bear Inn

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed February 6, 2012

We just returned from our second visit to the Inn. My husband and I celebrated our wedding and reception here back in June and came back to another wonderful experience. Bruce and Wendi are so warm and welcoming. The inn is beautiful and a great place to get away and relax. Breakfast is always wonderful too. It's a real treat to spend some time at the inn and should definitely not be missed.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple