“always have a great time at the timberline lodge”
Review of Timberline Lodge

and 1 more site!
Timberline Lodge
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I have been staying at the Timberline for the last 12 years. I have never had a bad experience. I was there for Frog Jump this year and had a wonderful visit. It was clean, quiet and relaxing. I could sleep in if I wanted to, which I did. Colleen does a great job. If I come in the winter the heater or fireplace are turned on so that the room is warm.. If I come in the summer, the air condition is on so I do not have to wait for it to cool down. I always drive past Angels Camp and Murphys (where I used to live) to stay in Arnold. I love the cooler summer weather and the smell of the pine trees. I could not have had a better time.

Room Tip: Call early to reserve a room.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed May 26, 2011

Colleen and her staff are fantastic! Our room was very comfortable and convient with one of the best eateries in Arnold within easy walking distance. We received excellent advice and information about where to eat and things to do in Arnold and the surrounding cities. The people here are very nice and genuinely care about helping you to have a wonderful time. This is definitely a "keeper." We will return here and enjoy another wonderful stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 23, 2011

We have stayed here for many years with a group of friends for a yearly get together.
Colleen has always been so good to us helping with anything we need to make our stay a good one. We had a barbeque in the back area this year and she even supplied us with a firepit and wood!!! I look forward to my visit every year.

Reviewed May 23, 2011

our group of motorcyclists (20 -30) have been guests at Timberline Lodge in Arnold for 20 years. we come for Calaveras county fair and frog jumps. we really enjoy our stay. every year some type of improvement it done to the rooms or exterior. the staff is great and colleen (owner-manager ) is super nice. it is a great riding area with lots of sights to explore. the weather can be snow, rain or clear and warm this time of year. would recomend the Timberline to anyone traveling in the area. a place to relax and enjoy the clean air and tall beautifull trees.

Room Tip: i enjoy the back rooms myself
Reviewed May 23, 2011

A large group of us have been staying at the Timberline Lodge for 10 plus years. Love the cozy mountain feel, as always clean rooms and a great staff willing to accommodate your needs. The court yard in the back was perfect our first year barbecue and campfire. Collen went out of her way to make sure we had plenty of tables, chairs and a garbage can full of firewood. We felt like we were camping with perks. Collen and her staff at the Timberline truly treat you like family. Back next year same date same room!!

2  Thank tgiacoma
Reviewed April 5, 2011

This was our first time staying here, they normally stay open until 9pm, but stayed open until 10:30pm for our arrival just so we could use the computer to print out our Bear Valley lift ticket coupons. Very friendly staff, even after waiting for us, they offered a free upgrade to a room with a stand alone stove which was awesome in the morning. The room had a rustic cabin like feel, yet very clean. I would stay here again anytime.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JosephPGarcia
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Very noisy rooms. The staff, management were very rude. Hard to believe these people can be so rude being in such beautiful country, that would be enough to put a smile on my face everyday. The manager or lady with the long gray hair that works in the office is EXTREMELY rude and has a chip on her shoulder. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Plus they allow MINORS to stay here and they can be very loud.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank pama09
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arnold
Mountain Retreat Resort, a VRI resort
#1 of 4 in Murphys
Long Barn Lodge
Long Barn Lodge
#1 of 1 in Long Barn

Been to Timberline Lodge? Share your experiences!