“One of the best places to eat in Arnold”

Sarafina's Italian Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Arnold
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
San Jose, California, United States
“One of the best places to eat in Arnold”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Wonderful food. Wonderful service. Cozy dining room with great ambiance. On warm summer evenings the outdoor patio is a perfect place to eat. Why 4 and not 5 stars? The French Laundry gets 5 stars. 4 stars is still darn good in my book.

Visited May 2013

San Jose, California
“Lives up to lofty expectations”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place has been wildly popular among our friends, but we hadn't had a chance to eat here until recently. Food, service were excellent. I also liked the fact that they sold house wine by the carafe (and half carafe), since a bottle is often too much for the two of us. We're looking forward to many more fine meals here.
Parking can be an issue (it usually spills out onto Highway 4), and make sure you have a reservation.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Fresh and Authentic Italian in an unexpected location”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Our appetizers of bruschetta and calamari were excellent, everything was freshly prepared and perfectly seasoned. We had a party of nine, several of us ordered panko crusted sand dabs which melted in your mouth. The pasta special was spaghetti aglio e olio, it was pure delight to your palate. All of the servings were quite generous. Bananas Foster was the recommendation for dessert and it was the perfect ending to a wonderful meal. The service was great! I would advise reservations as this seems to be a busy spot.

Los Angeles, California
“Dinner during the weekend”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We went for a long weekend to Arnold and a friend told us to go there! The food is EXCELLENT but the service wasn't the same level. The place is interesting but like the service can be improved. During the weekend, Friday night, Saturday night or even Sunday night is crowd from 6:00pm!!! Better call and make areservation.

Arnold, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Uneven”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My hubby and I are of two minds when it comes to this place.He really likes it,but he usually gets pasta dishes,where the portions are fine.I usually get the chicken limona..but the portions are so miniscule it's not funny.I am not a big eater,and usually always take half my meal home.. but this meal is too small even for me.A piece of chicken about maybe 4x4 inches,pounded so thin it is like the thickness of a paper towel.They also overkill on garlic.Don't get me wrong...I like garlic..but the amount they use on every dish I've had would scare vampires away! I got pasta last time I went..and all I could taste was garlic,garlic and more garlic.There were wonderful veggies and shrimp in there I think..but the garlic scorched my taste buds so that I couldn't taste anything else.I ate about 4 bites, and couldn't make myself eat anymore.The service also is spotty.Even with reservations you often wait 20 minutes,half hour.Then sometimes the wait staff is attentive and friendly, and other times we've been ignored,and have had to get up and ask for more water, the check etc after sitting a long time with no attention.I also think many of the dishes are too expensive for the portions you get. Since there are only a few restaurants in Arnold,I think that is part of why they are busy.It's too bad they didn't cut back on garlic,and increase on portions and service..and in my book it would be somewhere I'd want to go more.

• Visited July 2013