“Good pub grub.”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I wouldn't class this as an upscale restaurant. They were more than happy to welcome me in dressed in shorts, t shirt and hiking boots. Service was great; fast and friendly. Food was tasty and a good amount. I've seen complaints about the price from other reviewers but personally, I couldn't see any difference between this and places we had paid twice as much at. It could well get busy and noisy later in the evening but we were there around 6 and it was fine. Good enough for us to go back tomorrow.

1  Thank Ian A

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

We went for a casual dinner and enjoyed a couple of tasty burgers. I had the Brie burger & my husband had the bleu cheese burger. Both were very good and portions were generous. Our service was friendly and quick.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have been going to Plaza Grill for years. It had become our default restaurant for Saturday night. The food is good to very good, and service is also good. Its always a full room. Beer selection has always been a serious shortcoming, as they only have two on tap. The rumor was that they were going to get a decent selection of regional beers, but I haven't seen that happen yet. The 3rd floor location on the Plaza is great, and there are nice views out the windows. The massive Wallace and Hinz bar is beautiful. The issue is that the food has become more expensive. Used to be you could get an an a la carte $8 or $9 plate, and now those same plates are $17+. A regular entree is ~ $25 per plate. I'm not convinced Plaza Grill is a good value any more, and thus we don't go there as much.

2  Thank Steve H
Reviewed December 17, 2012

always a plus on atmosphere....... the bar was slow getting drinks out and one of them was wrong and an upscale restaurant that says we don't carry grey goose vodka when their drink
specials advertise that they do? hmm? oh well! food was above average but spendy for what you got. Trip Advisor shows $ @ 7-17... not many main courses at that number (only 2). 1-$16 and 1@ $17 Owner/manager Bill was not in this night and it clearly shows. We'll come back . But
being ranked @29 of 46 restaurant in Arcata, as an owner, they should try to right the boat before it sinks.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

The Plaza Grill is in a nice building, right on the plaza. The view is not of the plaza, however . . . though, considering the people that frequent the plaza at night, that may not be a bad thing. The service was fine. The atmosphere and cleanliness was fine. The only complaint would be the mediocre food. My meatloaf was dry, and the mushroom gravy was tasteless. The place filled up pretty quickly around dinner time on a Friday night.