“Suprized”

Ranked #15 of 106 Restaurants in Arcata
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Abruzzi features hand-made, organic pasta and a wide array of seafood, meats and vegetarian options with mouth-watering sauces and fresh, seasonal ingredients. We also serve hand-crafted cocktails, draft beer and cider. Join us for artisan Italian fare at prices anyone can afford.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Pleasant evening. The staff were all pleasant and all made sure we were doing well. Appetizers and meal were all excellent. One dish had even a surprising twist with mint.
I would return to this restaurant.

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Been eating here for years. Used to be really good, nowadays quality is way less and very expensive. Other options in town much better for the money

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Abruzzi serves a ice variety of Italian food, with great appetizers, entrees, and desserts. Their mushroom pastas are memorable, and their wines and cocktails nicely complement the dishes.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We found this quaint Restaurant in Arcata. We walked in to find it almost empty at 6:30 PM. It looked cute, dim but lots of Christmas lights. The hostess said it would take a few minutes to set a place for us (5 in our party), tons if empty tables.

She came back to tell us that she could not seat us because they had just seated 20 others, and that was all the Restaurant could serve (The place could easily fit 150-200 people)

I have never had this happen to us before. We were well dressed and polite.

At a loss for words to be honest.

They are not very friendly, and not very tourist oriented.

2  Thank Skinnymike72
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I use to eat at this restaurant 2-3 times a week 6 years ago. Fresh fish, carefully prepared foods, interesting ambience and award winning bread. I loved every visit. Tomba Tuna, fresh prawns, and excellent Italian red sauces.
Fast forward to a year ago. The great bread was changed to doughy, cheap rolls. The once great room had become worn and decrepit. My entree was very ordinary and the raspberry vinagrette salad was now unremarkable and looked like it was thrown together without any care. The owner, Chris, was rude when I greeted him. I think he has lost interest in the restaurants so unfortunately what was the crown of Arcata has become a beat up restaurant with disappointing food. I think it reflects a disinterested ownership. So sad for me and yes all the servers are college kids. I had some very good, very attentive ones in the past but it again seems the enthusiasm to be a great restaurant is gone. (: Pricing was very fair in the past but with the quality gone it just may be overpriced. Love to see the old Abruzzi again.

2  Thank manoftravelCalif