“tasty Italian fare”

Ranked #16 of 106 Restaurants in Arcata
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Abruzzi features hand-made, organic pasta and a wide array of seafood, meats and vegetarian options with mouth-watering sauces and fresh, seasonal ingredients. We also serve hand-crafted cocktails, draft beer and cider. Join us for artisan Italian fare at prices anyone can afford.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Abruzzi serves a ice variety of Italian food, with great appetizers, entrees, and desserts. Their mushroom pastas are memorable, and their wines and cocktails nicely complement the dishes.

There are newer reviews for Abruzzi

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We found this quaint Restaurant in Arcata. We walked in to find it almost empty at 6:30 PM. It looked cute, dim but lots of Christmas lights. The hostess said it would take a few minutes to set a place for us (5 in our party), tons if empty tables.

She came back to tell us that she could not seat us because they had just seated 20 others, and that was all the Restaurant could serve (The place could easily fit 150-200 people)

I have never had this happen to us before. We were well dressed and polite.

At a loss for words to be honest.

They are not very friendly, and not very tourist oriented.

2  Thank Skinnymike72
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I use to eat at this restaurant 2-3 times a week 6 years ago. Fresh fish, carefully prepared foods, interesting ambience and award winning bread. I loved every visit. Tomba Tuna, fresh prawns, and excellent Italian red sauces.
Fast forward to a year ago. The great bread was changed to doughy, cheap rolls. The once great room had become worn and decrepit. My entree was very ordinary and the raspberry vinagrette salad was now unremarkable and looked like it was thrown together without any care. The owner, Chris, was rude when I greeted him. I think he has lost interest in the restaurants so unfortunately what was the crown of Arcata has become a beat up restaurant with disappointing food. I think it reflects a disinterested ownership. So sad for me and yes all the servers are college kids. I had some very good, very attentive ones in the past but it again seems the enthusiasm to be a great restaurant is gone. (: Pricing was very fair in the past but with the quality gone it just may be overpriced. Love to see the old Abruzzi again.

2  Thank manoftravelCalif
Reviewed June 2, 2013

What a find. unfortunately, we first dined at the noisy awful Italian restaurant next door... We went to Abruzzi's on our last night. perfect ambience, great staff. I had the special which was a bolognese with beef tips which was scrumptious. dessert was vanilla ice cream with olive oil and sea salt. to die for. I would highly and without reservation (no pun intended) recommend this restaurant. In fact, I will return again and again.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

As a customer since this restaurant's inception I am delighted that Abruzzi is once again open for lunch. The menu is small but there are excellent and satisfying offerings. The pasta is now made (almost) in house, at least in the same building, at Pasta Luego. The prices are reasonable and match the portion sizes. Of course there is still a full bar. The only thing I found displeasing was that there was no salt or pepper on the table, and the waitress was late (absent) in offering fresh ground pepper for the salads. The excuse was feeble: that the chef has seasoned the food the way he thinks it should be served, making the placement of Salt and Pepper on the table unneccessary. For dessert the Semolina cake is delicious.