“Home Made Ice Cream - Yummy!!!”
Review of Arcata Scoop

Arcata Scoop
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Arcata
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Home made ice cream - the usual and unusual flavors - the best!

There are newer reviews for Arcata Scoop

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I read the other reviews about Arcata Scoop! all I can say is YES YES YES! ...stop reading this review and go :-)

Reviewed April 5, 2012

What a treat! Four of us visited the shop and for every scoop we ordered, we asked to have it divided into two flavors so we all got to try several different flavors and they were all yummy! We especially loved the honey vanilla lavender, chocolate, and maple cinnamon! Cute place to visit with great service, and wonderful ice cream!

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Like the other reviewers say: it doesn't get any better than this for ice cream. Note that this shop is in Arcata, part of a big dairy region of Humboldt County, and you taste it in the freshness and quality of ingredients the owners have worked to source. In fact, a sign inside explains that the owners decided not to offer anything but ice cream (no toppings, even) -- and only about a dozen flavors at any given time.

They achieved their goal! My husband and I had the fig-honey and the lavender-vanilla; both were excellent.

It's a little pricey for ice cream, but given the quality of the local ingredients, it seems reasonable. The shop is clean, bright, and nicely designed..

Reviewed February 9, 2012

If you're lucky enough to go on a day when they're serving Jalapeno flavor, try it! It's awesome. My favorite. Whenever I'm in town, I stop by to check. Still get something even if not Jalapeno!