“Redwoods Respite”

Hampton Inn and Suites Arcata, CA
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Arcata
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

This was a great place to stay while visiting the Redwoods. It was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was also good fuel for our hike into fern canyon. It was easy to find, right off the highway to the Redwoods.

• Stayed: August 2013
Dalila M, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Arcata, CA, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Alex P.,
Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn & Suites as your hotel of choice. It is wonderful guests, such as yourself, who make our jobs more enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time to respond on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all of our guest comments. I am glad that you were able to enjoy your time in our hotel and at Fern Canyon. I hope that we will see you again to provide you with your lodging needs. Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We chose the Hampton Inn for it's central location to the National Forests around and near the expressway. The hotel/rooms were clean, the beds comfy and seemed relatively new. The front desk staff was very friendly, helpful and responsive to any request that they received. Based on the hotels that we past nearby, this was clearly the best place in the area to stay. The free breakfast buffet was your standard breakfast buffet but a plus.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Dalila M, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Arcata, CA, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Softball Mom IL,
Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn & Suites as your hotel of choice. It is wonderful guests, such as yourself, who make our jobs more enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time to respond on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all of our guest comments. I am glad that you were able to enjoy your time in our hotel. I hope that we will see you again to provide you with your lodging needs. Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

From the moment my co-worker and I arrived we knew that this would be a great hotel. Very close to the airport for those short business trips. The hotel staff was excellent, we were greeted as soon as the doors opened, no waiting in line. We offered nice warm chocolate chip cookies and Hhonors complimentary waters. I love this hotel and the staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Guest,

Reviewed September 15, 2013

While the staff was great and the bedding adequate, the sleep was not. The construction of this building had some severe corners cut. You can hear footsteps, conversations and the constant hum and vibration of adjacent A/C unit coming from your pillow all night long. As an early riser I found myself tiptoeing to the elevator for breakfast as i sounded like an elephant otherwise. The A/C unit and bathroom fan in our room was also obnoxiously noisy.We're checking into a different hotel for the rest of our stay in the area. The Honors points just weren't worth it.

Room Tip: Top floor if you must
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank bsiace

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn & Suites as your hotel of choice. It is wonderful guests, such as yourself, who make our jobs more enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time to respond on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all of our guest comments. I do sincerely apologize for the noise disturbance during your stay. We certainly strive to make your stay a comfortable one. I hope that we will see you again to provide you with your lodging needs and make your next stay a comfortable one. Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We chose the Hampton Inn Arcata for its close location to the Avenue of the Giants, and its good reviews on TripAdvisor (of course). The hotel itself is in fantastic shape - it seems very new, and everything was clean and in pristine condition. Our room was spacious and comfortable and the hotel staff was very friendly, welcoming and inviting - everything you'd expect from a Hampton Inn. The free breakfast is great as usual!

The one thing that concerned me a bit (and frankly I'm surprised no one else has mentioned in reviews) was the seedy area the hotel is in. This really has nothing to do with the hotel itself. Don't get me wrong, if you're staying at a hotel in Arcata, this is clearly the place to go - but just don't be surprised if you see a bunch of homeless looking, hitch hiking or generally dirty looking people hanging around the street the hotel is on. At first, we were a bit alarmed, but the riff raff that hangs out on the street before the hotel and on neighboring hotel properties seems to stay pretty far away from the walls around the hotel. On our way back from dinner, there were four men getting arrested in front of the McDonalds across the street. From what we understand, Arcata is a very.... hippie-occupied place... so this isn't very unusual, but generally the people hanging around are pretty harmless and won't bother you. We felt very safe on the hotel property and inside the hotel itself, but would suggest keeping your car empty and things out of sight at nighttime.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Dalila M, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Arcata, CA, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear ShoeGalSITC,
Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn & Suites as your hotel of choice. It is wonderful guests, such as yourself, who make our jobs more enjoyable. Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all of our guest comments. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your time on the Avenue of the Giants. I hope that we will see you again to provide you with your lodging needs. Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton brand and have a great day!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was really happy with my stay at the Hampton Inn in Arcata. The people at the front desk were friendly & helpful. The room was exactly what you would expect from a Hampton Inn...pleasant setup, great bathroom, & a comfy bed. I would have given it a 5 stars, but my room only had a shower, & the breakfast was a little cold. My neighbors were noisy at first, but settled down well before bedtime.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear Happygirlrn,
Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn & Suites as your hotel of choice. It is wonderful guests, such as yourself, who make our jobs more enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time to respond on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all of our guest comments. I do sincerely apologize for your breakfast not being hot upon serving. I will certainly make sure that I speak with the breakfast attendant and inform him of the luke warm food. The reason you got only a shower is because of the room type that was booked. I have noticed that there is no information online stating that it is only a shower. I will see if I can get our corporate office to assist us with this situation. I am glad that you were able to enjoy your time in our hotel. I hope that we will see you again to provide you with your lodging needs. Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Fabulous hotel, the best of our trip. Breakfast was great, especially for kids! The beds were comfortable and the room was well kept. This was the best Hampton in that we stayed in on our trip. I would even say it was better than the Hilton we stayed in in San Jose.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Dalila M, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Arcata, CA, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Dear Shellars,
Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn & Suites as your hotel of choice. It is wonderful guests, such as yourself, who make our jobs more enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time to respond on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all of our guest comments. I am glad that you as well as your children were able to enjoy your time in our hotel. I hope that we will see you again to provide you with your lodging needs. Thank you and have a great day!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcata
Best Western Plus Humboldt Bay Inn
Days Inn & Suites Arcata
Comfort Inn Arcata - Humboldt Area
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Eureka
Best Western Plus Bayshore Inn
Hotel Arcata
Hotel Arcata
#5 of 10 in Arcata

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Arcata, CA? Share your experiences!