“Bast food in the area!”
Review of Japhy's

Japhy's
Ranked #19 of 107 Restaurants in Arcata
Cuisines: Japanese, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My wife and I have been eating here about once a week (when open) for more than a year. It is by far our favorite place to eat out in the area. I love the Curry Chicken Soup (red, green or yellow curry varies day to day) and my wife loves the spring rolls. Add home made cookies and a Japanese beer, and you can't beat it!

1  Thank Mike_A_95521

Reviewed November 30, 2012

The green curry soup is totally delicious, funky atmosphere, but who cares. Very reasonably priced. Some nice paintings on the walls. A great deal for the money. The taste still lingers years later and a craving arises.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is the classic college town noodle house serving a great selection of soups and curries at reasonable prices. Tasty, fast and affordable.

1  Thank bmp68
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Always has yummy but healthy options - and of course lots of veggie fare. It's usually pretty quick. Good fresh baked cookies, which I'm particular about. It's a go-to spot for me in Humboldt County.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Don't get angry with me -- I'm not a noodle house fan. But if you like very fresh home-made noodles, soups, and the like, then Japhy's is the place for you. Very popular with the university crowd, seating can be tight.