“I love this little restaurant”
Review of Japhy's

Japhy's
Ranked #21 of 106 Restaurants in Arcata
Cuisines: Japanese, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Castro Valley
“I love this little restaurant”
Reviewed August 24, 2011

My family has eaten here every time we visit Arcata. The soups are hearty, healthy and tasty. They allow you taste them before you purchase them. The curry was wonderful comfort food - a generous serving of mild curry in coconut milk sauce, medallions of zucchini with plenty of flavorful chicken over rice. We hope to try the salads next!

• Visited August 2011

Fort Myers
“Healthy Break”
Reviewed August 3, 2010

We stopped at Japhy's and it was just what we needed after eating fancy meals in San Fran,Bodega,Mendocino. Light,healthy,tasty. Glad I researched on Trip Advisor before going on vacation. Thanks!

Oregon
“The best soup. Anywhere. Period.”
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Yellow chicken curry soup with mung bean noodles and a side of cornbread. It's pure heaven, it could bring about world peace if they could make a big enough batch. Seriously, my favorite place to eat, highly recommended.

Eureka, California
“I've eaten there once now. Was not impressed, but I've heard so many good things, I'll probably try again and update my...”
Reviewed January 28, 2010

I've eaten there once now. Was not impressed, but I've heard so many good things, I'll probably try again and update my rating. I had the soba noodle bowl (I adore soba and have eaten it in several restaurants/cities) with Kombu-shiitake broth, age, wakame, and veggies. The broth was nearly flavorless. Veggies and soba were fine, but the broth so 'watered down' the flavor of everything else, I didn't bother to finish it. Bland and boring. Also, take note - cash or local check only.

Thiruvananthapuram
“Please, never close”
Reviewed August 9, 2009

Oh, Japhy's, the only thing you do to hurt me is close during the summer. I go into serious withdrawl without that curry of yours. Wonderful, unpretentious food. One of my favorites, and the same for almost all my friends.