“Well worth the visit”

Golden Harvest Cafe
Ranked #41 of 107 Restaurants in Arcata
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Stayed overnight in Klamath on trip from Seattle to San Francisco but nowhere very inviting to have breakfast locally so left early to eat in Arcata near Eureka. The Golden Harvest was recommended in Lonely Planet guidebook and once we negotiated all the 1-way streets in Town, were very pleased that we took the advice. The Golden Harvest is fairly anonymous from the outside and would be easy to miss if not looking specifically for it. The welcome inside was friendly and we were quickly shown to a table in the very roomy interior. The menu is very extensive and offered plenty of choice. Our food arrived quickly and as always, I was encouraged by the open view into the kitchen clearly showing that it was freshly prepared but also that everywhere was clean. Our view is that this was one of the best breakfasts we had on our 10 day trip so would not hesitate to recommend the Golden Harvest to anyone.

Reviewed August 8, 2010

My husband and I enjoyed a day in Arcata when we were on vacation, saw this place and gave it a try for lunch. I am glad that we did-it was delicious! The California gobbler was terrific and as far as I am concerned, the best sandwich on the menu. My better-half has the California club sandwich and he also enjoyed this lunch. The salads that came with lunch were fresh and loaded with goodies. Excellent blue cheese dressing!

Reviewed April 25, 2010

Worst breakfast I've had in a long time and extremely overpriced!

Reviewed July 9, 2009

Filthy restaurant, horrible service, barely edible food...need I say more. I've really tried to like this place as they used to be really good.

Reviewed June 1, 2009

Mmmmm whole wheat berry pancakes