“Richies Business Trip”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Excellent Staff! Great newly remodeled rooms! Excellent value!
Great location close to the 210 freeway! Everything you need is in the room for a one night or extended stay. I would recommend this hotel to any type traveler.
You will not be disappointed!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Clean and budget friendly hotel! I had to stay for an elongated period of time and this was a really good place. Loved having a kitchen, a full fridge to store my milk and leftovers. The bed was nice and comfy and the room was really quiet which is super important to me. The bathroom was clean. Free Wi-fi :-)

The parking lot was safe- i saw a police car drive around twice which is excellent since i had a rental car. You get some coffee and basic snacks in the morning in the lobby. The staff at the front desk were friendly and polite.

Special thanks to Kelli, she was super helpful!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank TylerK17
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Tyler - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review regarding your stay with us. It's great to hear that you found your room clean, quiet and comfortable. I’m glad that our fully equipped kitchen, free Wi-Fi and grab-and-go breakfast met your travel needs. We are also happy that you felt safe at our hotel, as guest safety is one of our top priorities.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We have been staying 3-4 months at a time at hotels around the US and when we got rate that we did I thought we were in trouble. But after checking in and staying a while we are every pleased. Thank you E.S.A.

• Stayed: January 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that we made your 4 month stay pleasant; our staff will be happy to hear such a great review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I stayed here solely because my job sent me to this location. Half of us were split between the two sister properties while on assignment, and boy...

...did we get the raw end of the deal! From the time we checked in, only one person knew what was going on. There was a line at the front desk because there wasn't enough staff on duty. Apparently, she was searching in the clean pile for wash clothes and towels. Every day, this was an adventure and they never had enough. Rosa seemed to be one of the only people on target. Kelli was the other worker who seemed cheerful as well as helpful. Unfortunately, Jonathan was not. Not only, was he lost in terms of checking people in and out, but he never seemed to grasp the concept that he is working customer service. He used the excuse that he was new and still training. Unfortunately, another guest explained he has been there for 5 months, so how can he be considered new? David acted as if he didn't want to be there, not willing to lend a hand. Martha the manager feels she can speak to guests however she feels pushing the blame onto guests in lieu of her untrained idiotic staff. All-in-all, this place was infested with prostitutes, druggies and children with no respect for others.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for about 3 weeks earlier this year because it is one of the few hotels that offers a full kitchen in this area at a reasonable rate. The only other reason I stayed here was because of its friendly staff who go out of their way to help their guests, especially Rosa, Kelli and Martha. All three of them are highly professional, very helpful and a joy to deal with. Unfortunately, the hotel is in a bad location and it tries to cater to a lot of low-income people. As a result, it is not unusual to see police officers on the premises every so often. The rooms badly need maintenance. In our room, the air-conditioning unit did not work for days and some of the lights never worked due to electrical problems which were never fixed. The laundry facilities and the storage area behind the front desk are extremely dirty and are not cleaned for days. But what it lacks in amenities is somewhat made up by the great service, hard work and the spirit of hospitality on the part of the those staff members mentioned above.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for returning to our hotel because of our friendly staff, it is our pleasure to go above and beyond for our guest. I am sorry to hear that your room had maintenance issues with your air-conditioning unit and lights. In response to your feedback our Maintenance staff will inspect all guest rooms to ensure the functionality of all amenities.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at arc@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I believe Extended Stay America has a great concept with their hotels. I appreciate the style, comfort, and ease of use. Unfortunately, this particular one is backed up right against a freeway, crawling with drug addicts, and littered with prostitution. I had a hard time getting a restful nights sleep with the heavy doors slamming constantly and I HAVE A BUSINESS TO RUN!! I realize you get what you pay for but they could at least be a little more selective with who they permit to stay. Also, unless you want to wake up with a tight feeling in your chest, don't stay on the third floor because it's a non-smoker's nightmare. For a working man or family without a home, Extended Stay is a great fit. I would never stay at this particular one ever again though. As far as the employees, they were pleasant to deal with and courteous. Two especially stood out to me. Kelli and Corinna. They were always very friendly and handled every situation in a professional manner.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Traveltoad18
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear your stay was not pleasant with the noise experience on the 3rd floor. In response to your feedback, I am going to have my team supervise disturbances by checking floors regularly.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I simply have to stay mostly in Extended stay when I travel to client location and I love it because I have kitchen to cook.
Its nice area with loads of choice of restaurants around.
The only problem I face was the internet wi fi and so I had to change couple of rooms to finally arrive on one that suited a bit.
My stay was more than 3 months in here and well all went well except for the fact that I had to travel to Pasadena that took daily 2 hrs journey.

Room Tip: Prefer rooms towards restaurants as the other side is the freeway.