“Stayed 3 months and EXTREMELY dissatisfied” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia

and 1 more site!
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
“Stayed 3 months and EXTREMELY dissatisfied”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

I believe Extended Stay America has a great concept with their hotels. I appreciate the style, comfort, and ease of use. Unfortunately, this particular one is backed up right against a freeway, crawling with drug addicts, and littered with prostitution. I had a hard time getting a restful nights sleep with the heavy doors slamming constantly and I HAVE A BUSINESS TO RUN!! I realize you get what you pay for but they could at least be a little more selective with who they permit to stay. Also, unless you want to wake up with a tight feeling in your chest, don't stay on the third floor because it's a non-smoker's nightmare. For a working man or family without a home, Extended Stay is a great fit. I would never stay at this particular one ever again though. As far as the employees, they were pleasant to deal with and courteous. Two especially stood out to me. Kelli and Corinna. They were always very friendly and handled every situation in a professional manner.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Traveltoad18
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear your stay was not pleasant with the noise experience on the 3rd floor. In response to your feedback, I am going to have my team supervise disturbances by checking floors regularly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Noida, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

I simply have to stay mostly in Extended stay when I travel to client location and I love it because I have kitchen to cook.
Its nice area with loads of choice of restaurants around.
The only problem I face was the internet wi fi and so I had to change couple of rooms to finally arrive on one that suited a bit.
My stay was more than 3 months in here and well all went well except for the fact that I had to travel to Pasadena that took daily 2 hrs journey.

Room Tip: Prefer rooms towards restaurants as the other side is the freeway.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you love our hotel because of the kitchen which allows you cook meals during your stay. Sorry to hear only a few mile distance was a long drive due to traffic. Still, I am pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay.

Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I happened to stay in Extended Stay America hotel for more than 2 months. I enjoyed my stay here very well and place is highly calm. All the front desk people and house keeping staff are very courteous and friendly and are always available for helping the Guest.

Rates are nominal and good too. They provide free breakfast along with fruits.

The only concern about the breakfast is, they need to provide the food that can taken in the early morning like bread, cheese, Jam, juice, egg scrambles etc. These types of food are healthy and good to have in the morning.

I will definitively recommend Extended Stay America hotel for anyone and in case, if I get to chance to stay in USA, my first preference would be Extended Stay America hotel

Room Tip: Chose for the second floor or third floor room and also it would be better, if ask for near by exit...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Prasad - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that we made your stay a home away from home experience. Its great to hear that all the front desk, housekeeping staff were very courteous and helpful with all your needs and request.

Monrovia, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Had to stay for a couple of days while my home was fumigated. Prices were reasonable and pet friendly (25 extra a day for my cat). Beds were comfortable, for hotel beds, room was clean and well kept. Staff was helpful and accommodating. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay for a couple of nights was pleasant while they fumigated your house. Our staff members are pleased to hear about your great experience. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Taipei, Taiwan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

I ended up in this hotel because my company arranged it for me. When it comes to the Arcadia area near the race track. There are many places to choose from: Embassy Suites, Spring Hill Suites, Doubletree hotel, etc etc. Arcadia is famous to host conferences and in the Spring you have a lot of horse races at Santa Anita Race track so all these places get full really quickly. I stayed there for two weeks before moving with my friend to the Embassy Suites in Arcadia. I didnt care for the bed quality, it is next to the freeway it can get noisy. Their breakfast is a joke: bananas and coffee? The kitchen doesnt come with any utensils so pretty much worthless. I would never come back here again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank JB1202
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. This is a new feature at our hotel, and as we continue to make improvements to it, we will keep your feedback in mind. As well, I sincerely apologize that your in-room kitchen was not properly stocked and that the bed in your room was not comfortable. Please know, I have made our staff aware of these issues and we are currently working to correct them.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at arc@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Travelers are raving about these Arcadia hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Rosa and the staff where very great they make you feel right at home. The room was very clean and well maintained. The hotel in very close to excellent eating establishment and shopping. If you need a place to stay this is a good stop.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thomas - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for the wonderful comments about our staff. I'm glad that our staff made your stay a true "home away from home" experience.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels brings you back to our area.
Kansas City, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

The management is terrible. Twice I've had to speak to Martha who didn't feel she needed to take responsibility for over charging my card, not once, but twice. For some reason, there were two rooms checked out under my name and were being charged for both rooms, when I only signed for one. She kept promising it would be handled and taken care of. I gave up talking to her, but went on to talk to a person under her whom was able to get the job done. Rosa was magnificent. She looked at the issue and within two days the credit was back on my card. Also, I had to walk down to the front desk four times reminding them of my house keeping day, never seeing it cleaned correctly. From time to time, I would see her purposely going out of her way making other guests feel uncomfortable. The hotel was under construction and many guests were in the process of moving from one room to another. She gave three particular guests hell, not wanting to help or ensure their stay was satisfactory. This is a tip for upper management! They should have a degree and be able to write and spell correctly. Everything she wrote, had grammatical errors, with misspelled words and incorrect verbiage. It made her and the hotel look bad. The rest of the staff were extremely hospitable and more knowledgeable than she. Rosa, or Kelli should be manager -- not her.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank R H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that our staff was not able to resolve your billing inquiry in a timely manner. Still, I am very happy to hear that Rosa on our front desk team was able to assist and process your refund. I also wanted to take a moment to apologize about the inconvenience the renovations at the hotel have caused during your stay. We are very excited for the renovations to be complete and will continue to try our best to ensure they do not affect any of our guests.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided as we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at arc@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Residence Inn Pasadena Arcadia

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia? Share your experiences!