“Terrible Management”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Kansas City, Kansas
“Terrible Management”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The management is terrible. Twice I've had to speak to Martha who didn't feel she needed to take responsibility for over charging my card, not once, but twice. For some reason, there were two rooms checked out under my name and were being charged for both rooms, when I only signed for one. She kept promising it would be handled and taken care of. I gave up talking to her, but went on to talk to a person under her whom was able to get the job done. Rosa was magnificent. She looked at the issue and within two days the credit was back on my card. Also, I had to walk down to the front desk four times reminding them of my house keeping day, never seeing it cleaned correctly. From time to time, I would see her purposely going out of her way making other guests feel uncomfortable. The hotel was under construction and many guests were in the process of moving from one room to another. She gave three particular guests hell, not wanting to help or ensure their stay was satisfactory. This is a tip for upper management! They should have a degree and be able to write and spell correctly. Everything she wrote, had grammatical errors, with misspelled words and incorrect verbiage. It made her and the hotel look bad. The rest of the staff were extremely hospitable and more knowledgeable than she. Rosa, or Kelli should be manager -- not her.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank R H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that our staff was not able to resolve your billing inquiry in a timely manner. Still, I am very happy to hear that Rosa on our front desk team was able to assist and process your refund. I also wanted to take a moment to apologize about the inconvenience the renovations at the hotel have caused during your stay. We are very excited for the renovations to be complete and will continue to try our best to ensure they do not affect any of our guests.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided as we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at arc@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Arcadia, California
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I've been stayng here for the past year and i'm enjoying the newly renovated rooms which are wonderful and better than the old rooms These rooms are fresh and clean thanks to the awsome housekeepers Silva,Fransica,Narsica,Adela and Ceclilia. The entire staff including front desk Corina,Kelli,David,Ashley,Rosa,Furmin and Eric are friendly, helpful and professional.Especially the maintenance man Julio who fixed my A/C in my room.The whole staff makes me feel at home.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Elly E
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Elly - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our entire staff. I'm so pleased to hear that you are enjoying the brand new, renovated room. I will be sure to share all of your remarks with the entire team.

Arcadia, California
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I've stayed here a few months, having the best experience ever. The staff is excellent. They're extremely courteous, sweet, helpful and very friendly. Rosa, Corina, Kelli, Ashley, Fermin, David, Erik and Brandon have great work ethics, having a great chemistry with (not only) one another, but the customers that come in. The professionalism they have is un canning. There haven't been many hotels that I've stayed at that have great, and fast working house keepers, but this particular location has friendly house keepers who have gone the extra mile for myself and family members. They ensure their is clean linen, round the clock towel service, from customers requesting more utensils have been honored and executed in a timely manner. For instance, there was a leaky faucet that required us to move rooms. Not only, were they extremely apologetic but the response time was minutes from their knowledge of the situation. They switched our room instantly having us move into a larger more spacious place that accommodated myself and family a lot better. I, not only recommend this hotel to friends living outside of the area, but have listed it as one of our favorite places to stay to some local coworkers. Their accommodations include free wifi, a grab and go breakfast that helps boost your day. The location is convenient, too. Not only is it settled on a nice quiet street, directly off the main strip, but it's in walking distance to Monrovia's Restaurant Row able to satisfy anyone's palate of desire. The price is reasonable for this area and is well maintained. I will definitely stay here again in the near or far future.

Room Tip: If you have children, the first floor is highly recommended. This hotel has is set where smokers li...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank D C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our entire front desk staff, including our housekeepers, made your stay a pleasant experience. As well, that they did a great job of responding to your every need. Please accept my apologies for the leaky faucet that required you to move rooms. We are working to repair this.

San Jose, California
Reviewed April 22, 2013

These two are outstanding staff members. They are very welcoming friendly attentive and respond very quickly to any issues. My bed was so comfortable and am enjoying my stay. I also want to mention the housekeeping staff They always smile and say hello. The only issue I have is that not all pet owners are responsible and fail to pick up after their pets. Perhaps a sweep once a day will help those who are responsible not to have to watch out for the mess and smell as they are taking care of their dogs.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am pleased to her that our staff made you feel welcome and we responded to your every need. Please accept my apologies for the pet litter you found outside. We try to stress to our guests how important it is to clean up after them; however, this does not always resonate. Nevertheless, we appreciate your suggestion to cover the area ourselves and are working on procedures to make that happen.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I really loved the accommodations and free WIFI. Staff was SUPER helpful. Fermin helped me out big time when I ran out of shaving cream. He also helped me make change in the middle of the night! Great service!

My room was very spacious and clean. Came with a first rate refrigerator and stove. Bed was extremely comfortable.

The building is beautiful and the staff in general are friendly and attentive.

I would recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Christopher F
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you really loved the accommodations and free WIFI as well as our wonderful staff, including our night Guest Service Representative.

Dallas
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Loved my stay here. Great location. Walking distance to the Derby Steakhouse and so many more restaurants, bars, and shops on Huntington. I've stayed for 2 weeks, 3 weeks, and 2 months on separate occasions and would come back for the next time. This was my home away from home while I relocated to Southern California for a new job.

• Stayed March 2013
I have read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful comments about our hotel's location and the staff, especially Brandon, Corina, Furmin and David! I will be sure to share your comments with them.

Pegoso Springs
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed at the Extended Stay in Arcadia, last month for several days. I came to California, very last minute due to a death in the family. I was not prepared for every situation, but when I needed something I found the staff at the front desk extremely helpful and kind. In particular an employee named Brandon seemed to always have a smile on his face and made me feel confident that things would be taken care of. He always followed through and was knowledgeable. I would suggest that the company expand the breakfast items. Not enough there to call it breakfast.
Leigh Ferraro

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for the great review of our associates and our property. We're glad that we could be of service to you and your family during your time of need. Again, thank you for the great review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia
Oak Tree Inn
Oak Tree Inn
#4 of 7 in Monrovia
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia? Share your experiences!