“Friendly and Attentive” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Pegoso Springs
“Friendly and Attentive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed at the Extended Stay in Arcadia, last month for several days. I came to California, very last minute due to a death in the family. I was not prepared for every situation, but when I needed something I found the staff at the front desk extremely helpful and kind. In particular an employee named Brandon seemed to always have a smile on his face and made me feel confident that things would be taken care of. He always followed through and was knowledgeable. I would suggest that the company expand the breakfast items. Not enough there to call it breakfast.
Leigh Ferraro

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for the great review of our associates and our property. We're glad that we could be of service to you and your family during your time of need. Again, thank you for the great review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you are coming for a pleasure trip (and won't be on the Internet), this place is fine...but if you are coming for business and need a good Internet connection at the hotel, better BYO, or go elsewhere. Speedtest.net showed a paltry 0.08 Mbps download speed. I swear I am not making this up.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that our internet speed was apparently so slow. In response to your feedback, I am working with our provider to check the access points to ensure that everything is working property. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me , Carlos, directly, at cyong@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Travelers are raving about these Arcadia hotels

tarzana ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Corrine did a great job because she has great communication skills, she listens fully to people when the speak to understand their needs, is very professional and also genuine at the same time. She was responsive to all inquiries and had timely and accurate follow through. She seemed happy when communicating and that is a quality that cannot be taught.

There is no doubt that extended STAY AMERICA is a value but I would not expect the level of friendly service that all the staff provides. I would love to know how you train them because they have an enthusiasm that is hard to find.

• 5 of 5 stars
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience with our staff at Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Arcadia. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Excellent location, friendly, professional and helpful staff. I walked in to a spacious, vibrantly clean room. From check-in to check-out I felt like I was at a home away from home. Was treated with such warmth and respect by the entire staff. Kudos to Management for leading such a great team. I look forward to my next stay and will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and colleagues.

• 5 of 5 stars
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Arcadia. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This hotel is by no means renovated or updated in anyways. The bathrooms are disgusting and the kitchen counter tops are outdated and stained. When I originally checked in to the hotel there was a burnt cigarette hole on my comforter which in my opinion hadn't been changed in a long time. There was only 3 towels and when I went down to the front desk to ask for more they claimed to not have any. This was an outgoing problem throughout my entire stay and after talking to other guest they ALL had the same problem. I had requested to talk to a manager but they were never available and never responded to any of my request. I tried 4 times to talk to management all during reasonable business hours. I do not understand how a hotel does not have towels! The ONLY positive experience I had was talking to the front desk attendants who tried to accommodate me in some way. When I asked for a can opener they had non handy at the desk but the night guy was very helpful and went around the hotel looking for one. I found this a bit odd that they had no supplies but i commend his effort. My check-out experience was pleasant and Rose helped me with that. I asked about a business card so that I could maybe email or contact the manager for now the 5th time but of course they did not have any of those either. Instead I was given a trip advisor card and well here I am. Overall, the rooms are gross, they have no towels, and apparently there is no manager. The only reason I am giving this place a 2 star instead of a 1 is because of how nice the front desk workers were. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else, for the same price you can get a decent hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Ptbull
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Arcadia. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This facility was not in the best condition. We picked it because of the new commercials advertising the great upgrades that had been done to all of its properties. I was sad to see that this facility wasn't one of them.

The room was tiny and it was difficult to walk around the bed. The stove in the kitchenette had a missing part that balanced the stove coil. The pots were not clean, and who knows how dirty/clean the dishes were. Sponges and dish soap were only available on request. There was little to no ventilation over the stove, so for the whole trip, my clothes and room smelled like the first meal I cooked. The best part of the kitchenette was the large fridge. I am thankful that it was at least clean and functional.

The bathroom was horrible. The smell of mold was overwhelming and was evident on ceiling panels and inside the shower. It was dark and did not have enough lighting. I was sad to find out that complimentary toiletries were not available. We had to buy travel sized items from the local grocery store.

Their "grab and go" complimentary breakfast was lack luster. At the price of the room, I should have just stayed at another hotel chain that gives complimentary full breakfast.

I think the only benefit of this hotel brand is that it is pet friendly.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UHcougarBdaygirl
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Arcadia. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Visalia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

With such a great price you would not expect great service as well. Brandon helped me modify my reservation over the phone in mere seconds and answered a lot of questions too. He was professional and genuine.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Arcadia. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. I will be sure to let Brandon know about your kind words!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia
Residence Inn Pasadena Arcadia

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia? Share your experiences!