“Home away from home.”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The hotel is in a great area, near by freeways & restaurants. The staff is very helpful & polite, my family & I have always had a great experience. My pets were welcomed too. Very cozy room, so it is home away from home.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank twinsjnk
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Arcadia. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

This is a great place to stay in perfect location too. My only problem is the Internet access. The speeds are pathetic. I could not sustain a 5 minute skype call any time of day or night any day of the week. Not even on a saturday afternoon when judging by the number of vehicles in the parking lot, most guests were out. I have even tried at 2AM to talk to my family on the other side of the world on Skype and still no success. This calls for improvement and then this would rank as a perfect choice for accommodation in Arcadia

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Arcadia. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

I am eager to respond to your concerns regarding our WiFi access. Extended Stay Hotels strives to provide a stable, high-speed Internet connection at every hotel. Our networks are designed to support normal internet use, such as email, basic web-surfing, and VPN connections. Although our guests typically enjoy quick uploads and downloads, speeds are variable and can be affected by guest activity, such as streaming video and music content and online gaming. Be assured that your comments are very valuable to us as we work with our Internet providers to create a reliable online experience for all of our guests.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed here a couple months ago while visiting family and enjoyed my stay. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. Everyone from the front desk to the housekeepers to the night staff were all very accommodating. I just wish they had a pool for my kids. Overall a great place.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Arcadia. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who stay with us for months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. As far as having a pool, it would be a nice feature, and your comments will be relayed to the decision makers. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

I was referred to this hotel by my mother and read the past reviews and was sketchy about staying here but Im so glad I did. I completely enjoyed my stay!!! The hotel was well kept and the room offered more than I expected with the kitchens. The staff is by far the nicest I've encountered, but not that fake friendly you'll meet at high end hotels. As soon as I checked in they offered me popcorn until I got settled in with my own groceries and I saw that they also had the little things like toothpaste had I forgotten mine. They had just finished the 3rd floor flooring when I arrived so everything was new and clean. I was speaking with a few of the other guests and found out that they had just put in a lot of new amenities like the breakfast, upgraded flat screen tvs, and the new mattresses. I would definitely return to this place and recommend to all my family and friends who are looking for a well priced place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway as they are right next to the 210 fwy
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank sandra w

Thank you so very much for the great review of Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Arcadia. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. Reviews like yours make us further understand how fulfilling it is to provide genuine customer service as opposed to fake service that you mentioned seeing at other hotels. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

We were in town visiting a family member that is a patient of the City of Hope Hospital. It was important that we were able to check in early to get to the hospital and not have to leave all of our luggage in the car. We were told EARLY check-in was not a problem. When we arrive at 1pm ... we were informed our room would not be ready until around 4pm... so off to the hospital we went will all our luggage left in the car.... !
Started checking for any other Hotel in the area that would be able to help us... they were all full. Who would know such a popular area....! After our visit we arrived back at the hotel ready to take a hot shower.... The size of the room was good ... however, it was dirty and smell of smoke and animals. We discovered the smell came from under the sink were the garbage had been left for .... days? The shower and tub leaked all night and the air-conditioner fan was broken. It seemed they were in the middle of remodeling and still renting rooms.... All the baseboards were missing in the halls and the air conditioner in the hall was broken as well hanging off the wall... I guess one of the important things to me besides the poor quality was security... Each night we returned after a long day the back entrance was propped open with a rock. What good is the key pad if your door is left open..... Again, checked if there was any other places within a few miles with rooms, that could sleep safely the kids and I .. that was a NO>... We decided to make the best of it, ... and ask for more towels... which we had to bring back the dirty towels to get (room service?) .... not once did we see room service. Although the last day we were awoken by talking and laughing and loud hammering in the hallway ... this went on all morning. We thought RooM ServicE? No, they decided to replace the baseboards... It just wasn't a good week for that hotel.... We were happy to pack up say goodbye and head for home.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Arcadia. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff. Early check in is usually available but due to the hotel being sold out, we were unable to offer it to you and I apologize for this too.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

In the midst of a remodel, so some sketchy carpet stains,abundant trash & cigarette butts (for days) in the parking lot and by the entrance. A real shocker was NO SHAMPOO is provided, and NO HAIR DRYER!( I have always considered these staples). There is a toaster, microwave, fridge, sink, dishes & pots & pans and iron/board. The "kitchen" was not yet remodeled, so a big burn mark on counter, and the fridge hummed loudly. Not a lot of attention to detail cleaning, obviously with sticky smudges on nightstand, curly hairs trapped in corners & very dusty lamps--some that didn't work. Another "different" surprise was NO FREE DAILY MAID SERVICE, unless you are there 5 days. (You have to take your towels to the front desk if you want new ones. ). They advertise a "grab & go" breakfast with muffins, but they didn't have muffins the 3 days I was there. On the positive side: the staff were all very nice and helpful. My first "no smoking" room had obviously had smokers, and I had no trouble getting a new room within 10 minutes.I felt safe about the area, and leaving my car in the parking lot. All in all, it was worth what I paid for it, but I still think it should have had shampoo and a hair dryer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has already been done over.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Arcadia. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The room condition you describe is totally unacceptable to me and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy, Also maintaining the "Grab and Go Breakfest coffee bar is part of our staff's regular routine, and you were right to expect the availability of these items during its operation. In response to your post, I have brought your comments to the attention of our entire team and we will all strive to ensure that we meet your satisfaction in the future. The staff have been asked to better communicate the availability of the hairdryers, shampoo and other amenities available at the front desk.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

10/10; Extended Stay, 930 S 5th Ave, Monrovia, CA 91016. Big fan of Extended Stay. Great value for the dollar. Outer appearance: Clean and secure. Service: Outstanding. Staff bends over backwards to meet your needs! Room: Free Wi-Fi, Flat panel wide screen TV with Direct TV. Overall very CLEAN! Comfy bed. Furniture in good shape. Bathroom is clean. Convenient location and well lit. Takes military/AAA discounts. Ask for Stephanie...she will hook you up!! I will absolutely stay here again!!

Room Tip: Second floor is non smoking. It is very close to restaurants and shopping!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Los Angeles-Monrovia. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
Residence Inn Pasadena Arcadia
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia? Share your experiences!