“WOW! This place is old, dreary but great location”
Review of Santa Anita Inn

Santa Anita Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Rancho Cucamonga
“WOW! This place is old, dreary but great location”
Reviewed March 12, 2011

I am not a Motel 6 type, but was looking for a cheap place with a decent pool next to Santa Anita. I got what I was looking for. Rooms are ancient, beds in room were recently updated, new Serta's. Comfortable. Old nasty bedspreads, dirty, worn shag dark green carpet and popcorn ceiling welcomes you upon entering dark room. It has a tiny bathroom, but did the job. For $80 on a Friday night, in walking distance to some restaurants and a bar and accross the street from Santa Anita it cant be beat. Nextime though I might try the Motel 6 up the road. I was expecting a little nicer place. I wore my sandals in the room as the carpet was gross. The room is dark, lighting is minimal. You do get a fridge and coffee maker.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Johnny V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
bakersfield, CA
Reviewed January 27, 2011

I recently stayed for the 2nd time at the Santa Anita Inn, and again, couldn't have been happier! I had a 2nd floor room, with a balcony, table and chairs; great place for my morning coffee! (which is included in the room). Even though it was racing season at Santa Anita, I still only payed around $80 for my room. Although it's an older motel, it's clean, quiet and comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful, and I noticed, were the same people who were working the last time I stayed here. I've never availed myself of the continental breakfast, as there are too many great restaurants in the area.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank catlover96
Henderson, NV and Seaside Park, NJ
Reviewed January 3, 2011

The rooms are not fancy but are clean and perfect for a short stay. The grounds around this property are well kept and there is a pool and hot tub available for use once the weather is warmer. Try to get an upstairs room since you do hear some creaking of the floors from people walking above. The continental breakfast was decent. They offered juice, coffee, cereal, danish, hard boiled eggs and fruit. They even started the breakfast earlier on New Years day for people going to see the Rose Parade. It was an easy check-in/check out process. Suites are also available. It is cheaper to deal with the hotel directly instead of using hotels.com. Would stay again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cjmzsc
Lititz, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 20, 2010

We stayed here as part of a wedding party. The Trip Advisor reviews had me rather nervous about the place but I shouldn't have worried.

We checked in and the staff was friendly and helpful. There was a goodie bag as part of our wedding party, and they noticed that we were part of the group and had us sign for that as well. Not a big deal, but it shows they are paying attention to detail and trying to do a good job here...

Our room was nice, with an older tv (never used it) and a small bathroom. The bathroom was small but the room was actualy very spacious. It looked out on a beautiful grassy courtyard with a gazebo.

Bed was fine and we slept well. There were only two downsides to this property: First, we could hear the people upstairs moving around. If that bothers you you should look for an upstairs room. Second, the breakfast is really just cereal and white bread toast. I chose not to do the breakfast after looking at it and we will go out to a local restaurant instead.

Overall this was a very nice place to stay and we would stay here again.

Joel

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mythrenegade
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 16, 2010

We stayed for 2 nights and the stay was good value for money.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Arcadia
Reviewed September 30, 2010

My wife and I recently stayed here for our second time and once again we had a beautiful time. The service was professional and staff very pleasant. I did notice that they have cleaned up the hotel quite a bit from less desirables staying there. The grounds are beautiful and we felt safe. As for negative comments I have read here, You might have had a bad experience, but a hotel is a public place and will get good and bad characters. The room above me did have a bit of a loud tv, but when I reported it, it stopped (noise). I highly reccomend staying here and experience it for yourself. I know I'll be back again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Modesto, California
Reviewed August 26, 2010

okay so first off, it looks nice ON THE OUTSIDE but please do not stay there it's so horrible! It was like something out of a horror film! the first five minutes I was there a drug dealer tried to sell me pills in the parking lot. The phone rang all night and random people were pounding on the door in the middle of the night! SCARY!!! our patio furniture was stolen. and there are people who live there permanently (not cute people)! crackheads!! who stay up all night, blast music and throw there garbage over there balcony onto yours. LIVING HELL!! do yourself a favor do not stay here!!!! TRUST ME I KNOW!!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Serenalove

Travelers are raving about these Arcadia hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Oak Tree Inn
Oak Tree Inn
#5 of 7 in Monrovia

Been to Santa Anita Inn? Share your experiences!