“Nice motel, old reviews do not reflect current reality”
Review of Santa Anita Inn

Santa Anita Inn
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Lititz, Pennsylvania
“Nice motel, old reviews do not reflect current reality”
Reviewed November 20, 2010

We stayed here as part of a wedding party. The Trip Advisor reviews had me rather nervous about the place but I shouldn't have worried.

We checked in and the staff was friendly and helpful. There was a goodie bag as part of our wedding party, and they noticed that we were part of the group and had us sign for that as well. Not a big deal, but it shows they are paying attention to detail and trying to do a good job here...

Our room was nice, with an older tv (never used it) and a small bathroom. The bathroom was small but the room was actualy very spacious. It looked out on a beautiful grassy courtyard with a gazebo.

Bed was fine and we slept well. There were only two downsides to this property: First, we could hear the people upstairs moving around. If that bothers you you should look for an upstairs room. Second, the breakfast is really just cereal and white bread toast. I chose not to do the breakfast after looking at it and we will go out to a local restaurant instead.

Overall this was a very nice place to stay and we would stay here again.

Joel

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mythrenegade

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 16, 2010

We stayed for 2 nights and the stay was good value for money.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Arcadia
Reviewed September 30, 2010

My wife and I recently stayed here for our second time and once again we had a beautiful time. The service was professional and staff very pleasant. I did notice that they have cleaned up the hotel quite a bit from less desirables staying there. The grounds are beautiful and we felt safe. As for negative comments I have read here, You might have had a bad experience, but a hotel is a public place and will get good and bad characters. The room above me did have a bit of a loud tv, but when I reported it, it stopped (noise). I highly reccomend staying here and experience it for yourself. I know I'll be back again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Modesto, California
Reviewed August 26, 2010

okay so first off, it looks nice ON THE OUTSIDE but please do not stay there it's so horrible! It was like something out of a horror film! the first five minutes I was there a drug dealer tried to sell me pills in the parking lot. The phone rang all night and random people were pounding on the door in the middle of the night! SCARY!!! our patio furniture was stolen. and there are people who live there permanently (not cute people)! crackheads!! who stay up all night, blast music and throw there garbage over there balcony onto yours. LIVING HELL!! do yourself a favor do not stay here!!!! TRUST ME I KNOW!!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Serenalove

Travelers are raving about these Arcadia hotels

bakersfield, CA
Reviewed June 23, 2010

I was born and raised in Monrovia, CA and although had noticed the SA Inn over the years, and been curious about it, I had never been there. A few weeks ago, my mom and I went down to Monrovia for a few days. We usually stay at the Motel 6 across from the racetrack, but I decided I wanted a larger room this time. After checking out the Quality Inn in Duarte, which was a dump, we headed for M6. I spotted the Santa Anita Inn and suggested we check their rates. They were less than the Quality, just a few dollars more than the Motel 6, and we couldn't have been happier! The room was lovely and spacious and the view from our room of the gardens was beautiful. We even had a little patio outside our room with a table and chairs. Will definitely be staying again!!

• Stayed June 2010
los angeles
Reviewed January 5, 2010

I am a monthly resident who just moved in November 2009. This Inn is beautifully surrounded by the mountains of San Gabriel, next to the Santa Anita Race Track. It is conveniently located next to the Westfield Santa Anita Mall, and within walking distance of shops and restaurants. There is a gorgeous park just outside of the Inn, perfect for long walks and family events. The continental breakfast is convenient for those of us who love to sleep in, but would like a snack in bed. The housekeeping is great, and always so accommodating. The facilities are safe, and well lit. The staff are always available to help and so very courteous, not only to me and my daughter, but to others staying at the Inn. The rates are reasonable, and the grounds are so peaceful. A nice patio in the back of our unit, with a path leading to the jacuzzi and pool. There's a waterfall near the pool, and a small rose garden. Beautiful gazebos on the grounds make this Inn quaint and appealing. I've taken walks with my daugther on the grounds after a hard day and it is very refreshing.

For those who gave a bad review, I hope you give Santa Anita Inn another go. I've been living there, and will continue to do so, simply because of the quality of service they provide and the amenities available. I couldn't have asked for a better set-up.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank rodred
San Jose
Reviewed December 29, 2009

We stayed in Santa Anita for one night, and that night was our worst experience ever in my life. We checked in in the evening, then went out for dinner, when we came back, all of our stuff were disappeared. They returned some of them to us at 2am, and said they took them by mistake.... We've been really upset till now because no true explaination from them. You're better to stay in the park or on the street rather than at Santa Anita.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank puppyhang
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
Oak Tree Inn
Oak Tree Inn
#5 of 7 in Monrovia
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area

Been to Santa Anita Inn? Share your experiences!