“A Little Bit of Paradise.”
Review of Santa Anita Inn

Santa Anita Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The Santa Anita Inn is a place where you have it all a little old nostalgia and new. The place has been around a long time which it bears out with the wonderfully tended gardens and grassy areas. It is perfect for a wedding or business meeting. My room wasn't ready so they upgraded me to a suite. Wow! Bedroom, Living room and bathroom. Sliding glass door leading out to the patio with chairs and a table looking out over the grounds. The Santa Anita race track is right next door and there is shopping and dining minutes away. It is refreshing and relaxing. The pool and Jacuzzi are artfully designed and pleasurable. I could live here. If you are in the area don't let a bigger modern hotel turn you away from the Santa Anita Inn you will be glad you stayed here.

Room Tip: Stay down stairs and ask for a room with a sliding door leading out to your private patio.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Santa Anita Inn

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Beautiful grounds located across the street from Santa Anita Park. Unfortunately it has seen better days. The rooms were a little tired. I had phoned in advance to make sure they had internet. I was assured they did. I arrived and was given the internet code and password. The desk brochure said there was a $7.95 charge. I assumed it would be on my bill at checkout. I couldn't get it to work and called the front desk. They sent out a nice young man who immediately told me my Mac might be a problem. Bottom line it didn't work and I couldn't get done the things I needed to. It was not on my bill the next morning and never was. They knew it wasn't working and were not honest up front. Too bad as its a great location but not was it probably once was.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Bill T
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Furniture in room( desks -end tables) were stained with round white circles (from cups)--bathroom needs a complete remodel--old fixtures old sink etc.,--hot water is at a set temp cannot be adjusted --there is a toggle switch on the wall next to the thermostat with no instructions --had to ask at the office "what is it for" found out that up is for heat and down for air --should have info next to switch--on Thanksgiving morning at 9 am a crew was shoving tree limbs into a wood chipper right in front of our room-what a racket on a Holiday --Basic breakfast-no hot food ( hours are only (7 -9 am)---the grounds/pool area are really well cared for ---great for taking picures---since this motel is located right by the hospital --we heard sirens day and night-would not recommend this motel

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cadmanrich
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My wife and I really like this place. The rooms are big and clean (though a bit worn). Each room has a deck or balcony overlooking green, leafy grounds. We come back here on business several times a year. The desk staff is very nice.

The ONLY bad experience we had was once (out of a dozen stays) when a class reunion was held there and some yahoos were setting off firecrackers late into the night.

The breakfast is hardly worth getting up for. But that's okay. The price is reasonable. I think most rooms are in the $65-$80 range. Spend your savings on breakfast nearby. The grounds and the pool and the surroundings are what make this (in my opinion) a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank TranquilCowboy
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one day, was away during the day due to business only came back to rest, so pretty cheap hotel in that part of town. They also gave complementary breakfast,but no wifi in the rooms.The only plus point to this hotel is the location. There is a huge park right next to the hotel and perfect for a morning jog.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank glbtrotter_11
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights. Not the best hotel to stay but i guess it is still good enough for me.

Room is huge but not that clean. The carpet is old. Staff is not that friendly but helpful enough if you are any question. I never eat the breakfast after i see what they offer. Better breakfast option are around. Overall, a cheap place to stay if you have a car to visit LA.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wayne900
Reviewed March 12, 2011

I am not a Motel 6 type, but was looking for a cheap place with a decent pool next to Santa Anita. I got what I was looking for. Rooms are ancient, beds in room were recently updated, new Serta's. Comfortable. Old nasty bedspreads, dirty, worn shag dark green carpet and popcorn ceiling welcomes you upon entering dark room. It has a tiny bathroom, but did the job. For $80 on a Friday night, in walking distance to some restaurants and a bar and accross the street from Santa Anita it cant be beat. Nextime though I might try the Motel 6 up the road. I was expecting a little nicer place. I wore my sandals in the room as the carpet was gross. The room is dark, lighting is minimal. You do get a fridge and coffee maker.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Johnny V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia
Oak Tree Inn
Oak Tree Inn
#3 of 7 in Monrovia
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia

Been to Santa Anita Inn? Share your experiences!