“The Soup Nazi has moved West”

SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Reviewed September 29, 2006

I took an early flight to LAX so I could attend the racing at Santa Anita on Friday. I asked for an early check in so I didn't have to take my laptop and overnight bag to the races.

I arrived at 1pm, the duty manager was on the front desk. He informed me the room wasn't available yet. I asked if I could leave my two pieces of luggage. He replied he would not be responsible for them. The overnight bag I wasn't too bothered about but I was not going to leave the laptop.

I always get my employers, who are based in Gibralter, to use their CC. Never had a problem before. However, he wanted a photocopy of the card something I couldn't arrange as it was 10pm on a Friday in Gibralter.

I offered him cash but he refused.

My first and last experience at a Marriot.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia

Reviewed September 7, 2006

We stayed at this hotel to move our son back to college. Unfortunately it was during the UCLA/Utah football weekend. The hotel was crowded and with it came the necessary noises of a lively crowd. Although we were on the top floor, slamming doors and loud talking could be heard through all hours.

The breakfast (scrambled egg patties, make-your-own-waffles, sausages, toast, cereal, yogurt and fruit) was good but the room was crowded and people spilled into the lobby to eat.

The front desk staff was friendly and accomodating. Our suite was clean and comfortable and the beds were great. The work-out room was small but had the regular machinery and weights. The best thing about this hotel, from our standpoint, was the location -- lots of eateries line Huntington Blvd...and it was a half block from the facilities where we had stored our son's things the previous semester. It is convenient to Old Pasadena, which has a lively night life and is $30 - $40 less per night than what we would have paid for hotels in that area.

Overall, this is a good business hotel. No frills, no luxurious lobby -- but adequate for people who use it to for convenient access to other places

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank tripsntraps
Reviewed July 27, 2006

We were pleasantly surprised to find a completely redecorated room. Changes included a nice fresh down comforter with a clean white cover over it changed every night. New rug, too.
Breakfast now includes the Marriott Dutch Waffle Maker, which is rather fun, and eggs with sausage and cheese and hot sauce available. Why go to LA without huevos rancheros, after all! Fruit was plentiful so you could have snacks without eating junk. There is a decent view of a piece of the San Gabriel mountains. Restaurant row on Huntington Drive is just around the corner. After all that focus on food, it is noteworthy that delightful workout walks are out there in the neighborhood. We have family in Arcadia and this remains our home away from home. Go Bears!

Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank DWGriffith
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 5, 2006

Here is the scoop;

The hotel room is nice. The bedding is a little long in the tooth but not horrible. My first night here I had quite a few hairs in the bathroom from a previous guest. The second day the room was spotless. I will give them the benefit of the doubt on the first night. The furniture in the lobby needs to be replaced. I sat in one of the chairs and my butt almost touched the floor. I almost needed someone to throw me a rope to get back out of the chair! Excellent high speed wireless broadband. Television has a very limited number of channels, maybe 10 or so. The people manning the front desk were extremely nice. This hotel is right in the middle of restaurant row. You can walk to about any type of restaurant your heart desires. I would reccommend this hotel.

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn next door and had the ants run me out of the room. No insect problems at the Spring Hill Suites.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 25, 2005

We stayed at the SpringHill Suites in Arcadia for two nights in December 2005. We chose this hotel due to its proximity to our families and our need for a fridge/microwave for our 2-year old. The room was small but adequate for a family of three. The hotel and the room were very clean. The suite had a small living area with a writing desk, a microwave and a small fridge. There is free access to wireless internet. The TV and TV stand was located between the living room and the sleeping area which was not very easy to use. The bathroom was an okay size with the sink outside of the bathroom.

The free breakfast was okay. You had the typical juice, fruits, bread, cereal and a hot waffle machine.

Overall, we found our suite very clean and had all the things we needed. The only complaint we had was with regard to the staff. They were generally not very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2005
3  Thank ek_2002
Reviewed August 29, 2005

I was only there for a one-night stay, but staff was friendly, room was clean and breakfast was good. Would certainly consider staying here again. Nice area with plenty of restaurants, shopping, etc.

• Stayed: August 2005
1  Thank Steven W
Reviewed August 22, 2005

Just got back and had to give thumbs up on this hotel. We arrived late and we were warmly welcomed. This was need after a long flight across the US with two teenagers and my mom. Room was clean and roomy. We paid $98 for the night which was a bargain in California. With breakfast for all five of us we felt we really got a deal. Breakfast was great. They call it a continental breakfast but there were eggs, sausage, waffles, French toast, bagel, muffins, etc. I definitely did not expect that. We only stayed on night before moving on to our timeshare but this was great and we would definitely stay their again. As for the person who reviewed this hotel and said the rugs were worn and it looked run down, they are getting renovated and were showcasing their new color schemes in the lobby. But to be honest I thought everything looked great.

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank Karla R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Residence Inn Pasadena Arcadia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia

Been to SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia? Share your experiences!