“Just okay”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
New York, NY, USA
“Just okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

I thought this hotel was just okay. It's clean and well maintained and it's not there there's anything bad about the place, it's just that there's nothing about it that stands out above all the other budget "suite" hotels. It's not a real suite, mind you, just a big room with a sitting area (sofa, coffee table, desk, fridge, sink, etc.) and a sleeping area.

You know you're in a budget hotel when the closet doesn't have a door, it's just a clothes bar attached to the wall. Maybe it was the low lighting or the drab fabric on the furniture, the room just felt dreary. The Springfield Suites are a step lower than the Courtyards in the Marriott family and with this location it felt like there was a big difference. Free parking and free wifi. Free buffet breakfast was continental except for make your own waffles, everything styrofoam and plastic.

Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
SHSArcadia, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia, responded to this review, December 9, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review. It's through your eyes and feedback that allows us to identify in what areas we need to focus on to ensure the best overall satisfaction amongst the experts...YOU! We understand that when staying at a Marriott property, high standards are a must and are thankful that you took the time to help us identify those areas in which need improvement. We appreciate your honest help and feedback! :)

Warm Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

During our recent trip to Southern California and Nevada at the end of last month, we initially made reservation with the SpringHill Suites in Arcadia, CA because it’s convenient location to Pasadena and Monterey Park. The rate we received at the Marriott web site was prepaid and non-refundable.

On Friday, Sept 2nd, when we were on our way to the hotel from Las Vegas in the afternoon, we were stuck on interstate 15 due to the unexpected fire incident which shut interstate 15 for almost 8 hours. At that time, since we could not take the alternative route which may cost us additional 3 hours compared to interstate 15 with 2 senior passengers in our vehicle, we made the decision to find another hotel near Hesperia, CA for one night and go to Pasadena the next morning. In the mean time, we called Marriott and the SpringHill in Arcadia notifying them that we could not make to the hotel that evening and asking them if we can cancel the reservation and get our advanced payment back. The hotel Manager Juan Navarro-Sigala responded to our request in just 2 days and refunded our deposit without any questions.

We were very happy with the service we received from Marriott and SpringHill in Arcadia, CA and we admired that Juan made the good decision for both Marriott and its customer during this natural disaster and demonstrated the core value of Marriott that taking care customer as its first priority.

We will definitely stay with this hotel during our next visit to the Los Angeles area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Goldfish_139
Chandler, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

Staff was great and eager to please. Food was hot and lots of it.

Room Tip: Any room great. Rooms with king beds are the best
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Saint Clair, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

My stay was from July 1st to July 14th. From the time I checked in right until the time I checked out, I was given the most courteous and helpful service at all times from all staff members. Dan, Thomas & Mike were great whether it was suggesting restaurants to eat at, the best times to beat traffic on the freeways, or finding a church to attend. Juan was extremely helpful in having his staff move my things to a new room when my family arrived to join me. One of the highlights of the day was the free newpapers and fantastic selection of breakfast items every morning prepared by Candice. If I had to choose something I did not like, I would say they could make the exercise room bigger. When I left, I was told that was already in the planning stages. Otherwise, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to California for the first time.

Room Tip: Both of my rooms were excellent so I can't be much help here.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review! It's through your awesome feedback that helps us keep our momentum up and help us celebrate our success with the leaders within our team! Your kind words is what keeps us wanting more great feedback, therefore, when our guests stay here, we want them leaving as family!

We all appreciate it and look forward to seeing you soon!
Scotland,UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

Stayed here with my family (five of us, 2 adults and three children). We had two queen beds and a pull out bed. It was a bit cramped but as we only slept in the hotel it was ideal for us. Great location for travelling around LA, within 1 hours drive of all the main atractions. Complimentary breakfast which was adequate, a bit repetitive as we stayed for 11 nights but nice to have this option. Hotel staff very frienldy and room was cleaned to perfection every day. All in all I would recommend this hotel to all as it was very good value for money. (I did purchase this hotel on Priceline.com (Bidding for a room in this area for a three star hotel)which gave me a saving of 50% on the regular price.

Room Tip: Use Priceline.com and bid......... it works!!!!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to fill out a review! Its through your feedback that allows other guests know what to expect when they stay here...a "great hotel, friendly staff, and a good Value" We LOVE that! Thank you again and see you soon!
Santa Ana, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

I was on a business trip and needed just one night. I had a mini suite consisting of a room partitioned for bed area and a sitting area. It had a mini kitchen (sink, microwave, refrig), good size desk, king bed, sofa bed, and occasional chairs. Somewhat odd arrangement as there was no table area for eating. If the sofa bed was opened, the walkway to the bathroom was blocked. No TV in bed area. (I didn't need it anyway.) Room was very quiet, clean and airy. There was good hot breakfast plus the usual continental cold foods. There are restaurants for lunch and dinner withing walking distance and shops to poke around in. My business did not allow me much free time to take advantage of all this but I could see it would be a nice relaxing time. Staff was helpful and friendly. I wanted parking, internet, and breakfast all inclusive and I got it.

Room Tip: Back side is on the railroad tracks but I didn't hear any trains.
Fresno, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

The entire staff were very helpful and friendly. The room was extremely clean and fresh, (was very happy about :) The pool was nice and clean and PERFECT temperature, the spa also extremely clean and working!!....(Ask at the main desk and they'll give you big blue and white fluffy towels for the pool!!!!) Our family LOVED our stay. We weill defintely stay here again when back this way!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Residence Inn Pasadena Arcadia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia

Been to SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia? Share your experiences!