“Good Hotel - Better Beds Needed” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia

SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Good Hotel - Better Beds Needed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

We recently stayed at the Springhill Suites in Arcadia during a brief family vacation. Our family of five was very pleased with the location of the hotel. So many eating options within walking and short driving distrance from the property. Westfield Santa Anita Mall is five minutes away with tons of food options as well. Hotel is in a superb location with other hotels adjacent or across the street. Block away from freeway access.

Service at the hotel was outstanding. All of the employees were pleasant and very helpful. The property was clean and nicely decorated. Pool was small but fine for our kids who used it to take a break from daily events. The lobby area was clean and well appointed.

Breakfast was more than adequate and prepared well...waffles, fruit, yogurt, eggs, breakfast meats, etc. Small breakfast area but its really fine as we ate on the run.

Rooms were decorated nicely, clean and comfortable. Suite style offers comfortable setting and relaxing atmosphere. Generally the room is better than adequate and is very clean.

Our only complaint is that the beds were very soft and did not provide much in the way of support. We stayed for three nights and woke each morning with achy backs. Had read about this in other reviews as well. Marriott should address this issue. We had stayed at the Marriott Fairfield Inn in Anaheim before coming here. These rooms were much nicer but the Fairfield's beds far exceeded the quality of the beds at this property. As the bedding issue is a big one for our family, we would probably try another Marriott property in the future. Other than that that, everything was great.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SHSArcadia, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia, responded to this review, June 22, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time and provide us with your feedback regarding your experience during your visit at our property. I do appreciate you letting us know about the poor experience you had by not being able to sleep comfortably due to the bed mattresses being soft, and not providing you enough back support. At your convenience, please contact me directly for me to be able to get your information, and find out if it is a specific room that we may have this problem, since I have received other guest's comments about our beds being too firm in some of our rooms.
I am also happy to inform you that we may be going in to a Hotel renovation this fall, and perhaps next time you visit this area, we will be able to offer you a renovated product.
Once again, thank you very much for your feedback, and kind comments about your stay, and do not hesitate to contact me, should you have any questions, or may need any assistance.

Juan Navarro-Sigala

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Beaumont, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2011

Marriott is our brand of choice and Bill Marriott should be very proud of front desk clerk, Dan Su, and breakfast server, Katrina Estrada. Both of them were not only friendly and helpful, but went the erxtra mile to make sure our visit was memorable. As we told Juan Navarro-Sigala, the general manager, we will stay at his hotel every time we are in the area.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments, and feedback regarding your last stay with us, and mentioning that Dan Su, and Katrina Estrada, two of our "SuperStars" associates provided you with excepcional service during your stay.
It is thru direct feedback like yours that we are able to improve, and better our cutomer service skills, and the way we take care of our guests since we use these type of feedback responses(positive & negative) during our daily associate training sessions.
Once again, thank you very much for taking the time to submit your comments via this survey, and looking forward to see you next time you visit this area.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2011

My family and I came into town for the Rose Parade. We loved the hotel! The breakfast was great, with a lot of variety and healthy and not so healthy choices. The breakfast girl- Candice was such a joy! She hustled around talking to everyone and kept right up with the crowd. The only downside to the hotel is the general manager. He was a consistantly rude and pompous little man. He treats his staff and guests poorly. The upside of the property, aside from the property is the staff. Everyone is so nice and helpful. The manager, Shawn, was incredible! She really made our stay worth it, and will be the reason we come back in April/May. As the owner of my own real estate agency, I wish I could clone her and bring her to work for me. Her professionalism and kindness was topnotch. She made us feel like family. All in all, its a great hotel.

Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Lorix3
texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2011

I checked into this hotel with my family on 1/30/11 for three nights. My intent was to extend the stay for the rest of the week. I had stayed at this hotel before when I was travelling alone. No issues with the check in. A full two days after checking in on 2/1/11, my husband went to the sub-par breakfast the hotel offered to get some fruit for our daughter and was approached by the manager demanding to if he was a guest, to which my husband responded yes. So this was not sufficient for the manager, he demanded to know his name and his room number. My husband is an African American male who had just celebrated his 34th birthday three days before. Later when the manager approached me with his poor attempt at an apology, he stated that he knew all his guests and he didn't know my husband. So how is it possible for a manager to know every single person that would ever check into a hotel. My husband was clearly present in the hotel two days before the manager ever saw him. My husband was wearing a baseball cap the morning he went to breakfast. So I wonder, do young black men wearing baseball caps fit the profile of someone trying to steal fruit!!! This behavior by this manager is deplorable. I used to be a platinum premier member and gave up my membership years ago because the Marriott Corporation refuses to invest in diversity training for its employees. I too endured a humiliating experience at a Marriott Hotel in Texas in 2008. It is a shame to see that they are still employing people who engage in racial profiling. We checked out the next day and went to the Embassy across the street with a superior room and superior breakfast. Warning to African American males, leave your cap at home.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank esther7
SHSArcadia, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
Dear Mrs. StHilaire,

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced during your last stay with us, when you on mentioned that you felt you were racially profiled, when I approached your husband in our breakfast area, and asking him if he was one of our guests.
Later on that day, when I spoke to you, and apologized for the incident, you advised me that you were not aware, that your husband had not mentioned to you.
It was never my intention to make your husband feel uncomfortable at all, but I hope you understand, that as a Manager, it is my responsibility to make sure all of our guests feel, and are comfortable at all times during their stay with us.

Mrs. StHilaire, I do apologize again.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions and/or need any assistance,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2011

We stayed here for three nights with two small children. The rooms were very clean, and the staff was very nice and gave crayons and a coloring book to my daughter. The breakfast is great and you can get free tea and coffee 24/7. There is ample free parking and all for a very competitive price. About 30 min to Downtown L.A. in good traffic.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SHSArcadia, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia, responded to this review, January 24, 2011
Dear Guest:
Thank you very much for your kind comments and feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. It was our pleasure to be able to accommodate you, and your family during your stay.
As you have mentioned, we are centrally located LA's best destinations.
Thank you for making the SpringHill Suites Marriott-Arcadia your hotel of choice when visiting the LA-Pasadena area.
Looking forward to see you on your next visit,

San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2010

My husband booked this reservation without my input. He assumed since the name had the word "Suite" in it, we would actually have a suite. We were extremely disappointed when we arrived and there was no door to separate the sleeping area from the living room area. Had we known, we probably would have left our children at home.

In addition our bed was supposed to be king sized. It was more like a small queen sized bed. The TV was placed in a way that you could not see it from the living area or the bed area. It was near impossible to navigate between bathroom to living area without bumping knees against something. I was awakened at midnight by a roaring sound. I called the front desk and they had to go and turn off an air conditioner in an unused adjoining room. I was not happy with being woken up however the staff was very friendly throughout our entire stay.

The breakfast had an excellent selection of premade foods (cereal and yogurt) and the kids enjoyed the juice choices. On the other hand, the eggs had a strange texture and were very salty. The sausage was rubbery. The eating area was small and finding seating was not easy.

Finally, when we arrived, my 6 year old daughter threw on her bathing suit and drags us down to the pool because she's 6 and that is her favorite thing about going out of town - getting to swim. Imagine her disappointment when we found that the pool had been shut down by the health department because they haven't been using chlorine.

Lesson learned. My husband is not allowed to make reservations in the future.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SHSArcadia, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia, responded to this review, November 19, 2010
Dear guest,
I wanted to thank you very much for the feedback provided about your exeprience during your recent stay at our hotel.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you've experienced by not being able to use our pool area during your stay, indeed, it was closed due to a chlorine unbalance. The pool was re-opened as soon as the inspector was able to come back and make sure that everything was operational, and up to standards.
About the lay out of our suites, unfortunately, they all are studio suites, without a wall dividing the bedroom and living room areas.
If possible, contact me at your earliest convenience, I would like to be able to talk/communicate with you and see if there is anything I can assist you.

shsarcadiagm@sbcos.com
626-821-5400 ext 604
Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2010

Great Staff, very helpful and accomodating.

Good News!!! They have upgraded all the rooms with new 32" Plasma HDTV's!!! Very Nice.

Good location with ample supply of restaurants nearby.

Minor complaints: Bath Towels are small and scratchy. A/C unit in room is fairly noisy and doesn't seem to work quite right.

Overall a recommended hotel, in room fridge & microwave are nice. Will not hesitate to return in the future.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank GoTBGo
SHSArcadia, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia, responded to this review, October 29, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time and write about your recent stay experience at our property. We are always looking for ways to improve our service, as well as amenities provided to our guests, and it is thru direct feedback like yours that we can implement them where they are needed. As you mentioned we did install new 32" LCD TV inall of our suites, as well as increased our Standard Definition and High Definition channels line up package.
Thank you for making the SpringHill Suites Marriott-Arcadia your hotel of choice when visiting the Arcadia-Pasadena area.

Looking forward to see you next time you visit us.

Juan Navarro-Sigala
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Residence Inn Pasadena Arcadia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia

Been to SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia? Share your experiences!