“Average Motel 6” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Los Angeles - Arcadia / Pasadena

Motel 6 Los Angeles - Arcadia / Pasadena
225 Colorado Place, I-210/Foothill Highway at Santa Anita Avenue, Arcadia, CA 91006   |
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Phoenix
“Average Motel 6”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I haven't stayed in a Motel 6 since it was 8.95 and they charged extra for TV. It was what I thought it would be, average for a Motel 6. Clean and quiet. Not fancy, old furniture. NO BEDBUGS. The bed was average but I got a good nights sleep. It's across from the race track but which is closed for the season. It's in a nice setting with trees around it. I looked at some other chains but it was in such a congested area, I kept driving. Coffee in the office. I have paid the same price for a motel with breakfast. Park at the door. Easy in and out. Denny's down the street for breakfast and dinner . Looks like a windmill.

Room Tip: Quiet average Motel 6.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Phoenix52

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed here due to the motel 6 in ingelwood looked like it was in the ghetto and the next morning me and my family woke up with giant bites all over our body. So we left 2 days early and had to wash everything we took with us as soon as we returned home and now all of our bites are inflamed and my poor 1 year old looks like hes got chickenpox with as many bites as he has i would never stay hete again

• Stayed July 2012
5 Thank Dpurcell08
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Arriving late the check in was fairly basic and the guy at the desk was reasonably short due to it having been midnight. Entering the room I was overwhelmed with a musty odor that made me cringe. Right off we noticed candy wrappers on the floor that didn't move over a weeks time even though someone had made the beds daily. (Rm 118 they are probably still there) lumpy worn out mattresses, dirty toilet, smelly, basically nothing was inviting. It was bad enough that I left my baG in the truck to minimize the smell from carrying over. Nasty nasty! In fact it took me ten minutes to build up the courage to get into the bed (nice custom motel6 covers probably from the 60s) on the up side there was a bottle opener bolted to the sink vanity( probably to help sedate yourself enough to be comfortable). Overall this place is horrendous! I will never return! If it hadn't been supplied by our employer I would never had stayed here! Save yourself while you can!

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Coreyrockstheparty
Phoenix, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

The location was great, lots of restaurants in area. The Santa Anita park near by provided a safe and beautiful area for our exercise. Family friendly. The staff at the motel 6 were super friendly and the room, although "classic" motel 6 was clean and quiet. The Scotties loved the grounds, trees and birds to entertain them. I would stop here again.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank readytogogram
San Diego, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I will preface this by saying that I have never stayed at a Motel 6 before and that I usually stay in a 4 or 5 star resort. Also I didn't really expect much for $65+ a night but I was trying to save money. But for about $15 or $25 a night more you can stay in MUCH nicer places, and I will definitely pay that extra money in the future.

Maybe Motel 6 is just not my kinda place. The towels, sheets, and comforters feel like plastic. The pillows are flat and hard. You have to pay extra for slow internet ($2.99 cash a day). There is no coffee, hair dryer, or cute little shampoos, etc. The maid forgets to clean your room. (Or maybe cleaning is an extra fee?)

I thought staying here wouldn't be any worse than camping. But at least when you're camping you have clean air to breath that does't smell like a mixture of strong chemicals and smoke.

On a positive note, there is increased "security". (I saw several police cars patrolling the premises and there are all kinds of signs warning you to lock both deadbolts while you are in your room, and to not keep valuables in your car.)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Victoria J
Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

The Motel 6 looks good from the outside but that's about it. I guess you can call it clean but it makes you feel kind of icky when walking into the room. It's outdated with older furniture. I guess the old saying is "You get what you pay for." One of the chairs looks like it had a small blood spot on it which kind of grossed me out. The beds were sunken in and couldn't get a good night sleep. The bathtub seemed to have yellow spots on the floor of the tub, maybe cigarrette stains? Who knows. Also the room smelled like they had tried to cover up the cigarrette smell with new coat of paint which didn't work. If this is all you can afford then stay but if you can afford a little bit more I suggest staying some where else.Oh, I did stay a second night and got a upstairs room. The room seemed cleaner but still wasn't impressed. Try shopping around for other hotels before staying here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank trvlr36Oregon
Palm Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

The place is clean and well managed. Across the street from Santa Anita race track. Lots of nearby shops and restaurants. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank josch1122
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia
Americas Best Value Inn - Pasadena / Arcadia
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area

Been to Motel 6 Los Angeles - Arcadia / Pasadena? Share your experiences!