“Very good quiet hotel in nice area”

Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Reviewed December 31, 2010

Have stayed in many hotels in the Pasadena, Glendale, Burbank area and thought I would try this one in Arcadia. Room was quiet, area felt safe, service friendly and breakfast was very good. Best value for a mid price hotel in whole area, many popular restaurants within walking distance. We stayed three nights and enjoyed our stay. Rooms may need some refurbish in next few years but clean and comfortable. Will stay again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena

Reviewed November 16, 2010

I stay in the Hilton Family about 60-80 nights per year and I mix it up a lot between Hampton, HGI and Doubletree. For different reasonson, I like them mostly the same even though Hampton is the most basic of the three. I tend to like Hampton because they seem to try the hardest, but this one doesn't. And, don't expect anything for being a Diamond Hilton Honors member - NOTHING - maybe even less than if you weren't...

The rooms are horrible, old and ugly. If you aren't on top floor (which you can't get even if you call early and beg) you WILL hear the people above you all night. Terrible chair at the desk. Gross carpet. Really loud and bad A/C. Terrible window situation. Awful gym room. Expensive for what it is.

I gues the only thing good is a decent amount of TV channels and Arcadia is pretty nice.

This was my third time and it just gets worse and worse in terms of the service - there are much better options all over LA and I won't stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank chelseamc
Reviewed October 26, 2010

I traveled to the Arcadia area with my elderly mother to visit family members. We found this hotel to be very quiet and very clean. It is well located, set back from traffic, yet very near many nice restaurants – within easy walking distance. The heated outdoor pool was an added treat. The vehicle access off of the 210 Freeway was easy and quick. My mother can be very picky and this Hampton Inn met all of her expectations - which is no small task!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Our two families stayed at the Hampton Inn while visiting family that lives in the area. We were very please with the service we received from the Housekeeping staff as well as the wonderful women that took care of the breakfast in the mornings. They worked diligently to keep the food and supplies well stocked.
A couple of the people we encountered at the Reception desk were not as friendly as the morning women were.
Our room had an odd smell when the air conditioner was on - so we just left it off and opened the window. Which was fine for us.
Overall, we were very pleased and look forward to returning again!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2010

It's amazing what a small gesture can do. Like a few other hotel chains if its quality, the Hampton Inn gives you a yuppy chocolate chip cookie upon checkin. That cookie is only one of a number of pleasant things that make this hotel a great little gem.

My father and I were visiting the LA area to attend a few Dodgers home games and rather than staying near the stadium we decided to find a nice place a little but farther away and we were extremely pleased with this Hampton Inn. The neighborhood it's in is easy to get to, clean, quiet and seemed very safe. There are plenty of good-quality restaurants in easy walking distance and, best yet, it was only about 20 minutes away from Dodger Stadium -- an easy drive from this seemingly out-of-the-way hotel location.

The room was as clean as could be expected with nothing that stood out as bad. The beds were comfy and the bathroom was clean. Good pressure and plenty of hot water in the shower and the room's WiFi was spot-on.

Next time I decide to travel to Los Angeles for Dodger games, I'm gonna look into booking this Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank SactoGamer
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I spent many, many days worth of time searching for THE place to stay in CA. I reviewed and looked some more. If you are doing the same consider your look over and book this Hampton. Booking through Hampton online was the best deal I found when looking at many online services. We stayed 7 nights and were very pleased with our stay. Very few places offer a complimentary breakfast and this one was very generous. Few hotels offer free parking and we never had a problem parking even when returning after midnight from Disneyland or Sea World. We felt completely safe. As others have said, there are many places to eat nearby which you can walk to, as well as many other types of stores you might need. The refrigerator was huge, like a double dorm frig., and we were pleased with it's size. Having a microwave was also a plus. Both are seldom mentioned in other hotel listings. The staff was helpful and friendly. We went to Disneyland, Universal Studios and SeaWorld. Be there when they open if possible. Allow extra time for traffic. Rent a GPS. It was extremely valuable. However, when going to Disneyland or Sea World, take Hwy. 210 E. to 605 South to 5 South instead of going through LA as your GPS might tell you. It will recalculate for you. Remember a backpack for water and treats while sightseeing.
By the elevators get a coupon for an extra $8 off each person at Universal. Buy Sea World tickets ahead of time online. The special we received for doing so was a ticket for your choice of a Sky tower or Sky ride. The ride is worth the time and lets you see the area.If you want to do an interaction program with, for ex. the dolphins sign up online early or call them.. My teenagers loved it. Santa Monica beach is an hour away or if caught in rush hour longer. It was wonderful and relaxing. Park on the pier if possible. There are places to eat there and you can park longer there then the other nearby parking lots many only open until 8pm.
The Rose Bowl is very close to this hotel as well. We slept well and would come back another time. Stop your search. It is so time consuming. You will be pleased with this Hampton.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank GotoLA
Reviewed July 15, 2010

Am I pickey? Yes! So a four star in my book is above average and a five star is perfect. This hotel was fine but not a four or five star as some are rating it. A nice home port for traveling or sight seeing but not much of a vacation spot.
I arrived late in the rain and my friend 'Garmin' was letting me down. With a call to the hotel, I was on my way in the right direction. Seems that they've done this before. The room was spacious and clean but some of the furnishing were a bit outdated and yes this overly sensitive nose detected a bit of a funny smell. When was the last time that you saw a lazyboy recliner in a hotel room?
So, don't get me wrong, three stars is fine. A nice place to get a nights sleep and a little extra with a bite in the morning, I would return for a business trip now that I know where it is.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank st0ked
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Residence Inn Pasadena Arcadia
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia

Been to Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena? Share your experiences!