“Nice place to stay”

Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Reviewed June 29, 2008

Stayed here for 4 nights while in LA. The front desk personal were pleasant and helpful to out of towners. Plenty of restaurants near by in a busy area. The room and beds were fine but with the extreme heat the a/c unit had a hard time keeping up. The pool was nice too. The friendly housekeeping staff were fine and always sweeping or polishing something in the common areas. The continental breakfast was nice with 2 people assisting every morning.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed April 18, 2008

Our first venture into Los Angeles area so we chose a hotel that gave us proximity without being too frantic. We think we chose well. Arcadia was a great location , being near to the places we wanted to visit but in a decent area. Plenty of shops and restaurants and the Hotel was well up to the standards that Hilton provide these days.
They still have The most comfortable beds we have come across in our travels.
I would fully recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2008

I have stayed at the hampton before and things were very good. But my last stay was not good, the bed was not clean we had bed bugs. We let the front desk know and no one offered to do anything about it. I did leave a message with the GM, I was told she doesnt work on weekends. I still have not received a call from her about our stay it has been 4 days since we left this hotel. I did call hilton honors and they are helping with taking care of this problem. I am a VIP member with hilton and this is how I am treated. Not good hampton needs to learn more about customer service.

Stayed: January 2008
5  Thank bobochinCalifornia
Reviewed September 18, 2007

Usually when we visit the LA area, we go to the Westin in Pasadena - but this time I didn't want to spend as much, so opted for Hampton Inn, a few miles East in Arcadia. Location was good - convenient with well-known chain stores and restaurants nearby. I'm reviewing this from the perspective as a place to stay while we're traveling for my son's athletic competition - not as a tourist/vacation destination.

The room was small; acceptably clean, though the carpet is almost due for a deep cleaning. Free internet connection is great. And the bed was VERY COMFORTABLE. Unfortunately, the water pressure was marginal at best. (There was a sign from the previous day indicating that the water was turned off for a period of time for maintenance, so hopefully the condition is being rectified.)

The rate was acceptable - $110 AARP rate. Especially had we taken advantage of the included self-serve breakfast.

But out teenage son had deemed that it wasn't up to par, so we opted to drive down the road to Pasadena (5-10 minutes) for breakfast at Top's Drive In - which was great. Sunday 8AM - no waiting- cooked-to-order breakfast, sitting outside on Colorado Blvd with a clear view of the San Gabriel Mtns.

I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank SuzerH
Reviewed September 5, 2007

Aniontetta at the front desk was very friendly & helpful. The area was Very nice! We came in at night and were very pleasantly surprised the next morning. The kids even commented on how "cute" the area was which is unusal. Shopping is close by and there were alot of small resturants very near. The bed was VERY comfortable. The shower had the curved rod & the water pressure was just so-so. It was just 15 min. to Unviversal Studios. We will definately stay here again. Very nice!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2007

This hotel was a fabulous hotel. When we were booking, we were a bit worried whether it was a good hotel for a family and because we couldn't see any traveler pictures. I'm glad I went against my instinct this time.
The hotel a tad hard to find. It is in a plaza type set up in which they have tall signs on the road that leads to the hotel. I believe that road is called Gateway. If you are coming from the major freeway that is about .5 miles away from the hotel (134 or 210, cannot remember). Anyway, if you have stayed at a hampton inn before, it is very simular to them. The beds at this hotel are really nice, the sofa bed so-so like all sofa beds. In the room, there is a college-dorm type refridgerator, a microwave, a 32 inch or so television with okay channels. They also have a furnature piece in which you can have on your lap while you are in bed to write something or put a plate on or whatever you do with it. The bathroom was nice, with marble counter tops and a neat curved shower rod, which they rave about as a major feature on their site. It actually does make a difference.
The full buffet breakfast is actually very good. The eggs could be better, but hey, it's free. They changed what they had once in a while, but they had muffins, bagels, english muffins, mixed fruit, yogurt, juices, and 3 types of cereal every morning, regardless of the main entree'. The breakfast area is nice, with about 10-12 tables and 4 or 5 arm chairs, in which two face a flat pannel television with CNN or the like, on it.
The staff was very friendly and gave us directions to the laundry mat down the street. (no, they do not have their own laundry facilities). They have 2 computers down in the lobby area which have internet access, which is a nice touch for buisness travlers or for the families to check their e-mails. They also have a pretty good pool, but the hours are a set back, I believe it opened at 9 or 10 am and closed at 10pm.
There were a plethora of resturants around the hotel. Accross gateway street, there is a plaza with a chinese restaurant, a dentistry place, coinvinece store, fed ex store, etc. A short walk accross huntington avenue (its also historic route 66) and you find yourself with a olive garden and many other places to eat. There is also a steak house sort of place on the hotel complex side of huntington aveneue.
I do reccoumend that if you want to see the sights in LA, that you rent a car. It is much cheaper that way. And if you want a easy drive to your hotel and the day you come in, use Ontario airport, and it will be a hop, skip, and a jump away. This is a great hotel!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2007

Problem started when I called the day before to find out about getting distilled water for my room. I travel with a BiPAP to help with sleep apnea. Usually, if I call enough in advance, they can have a bottle ready. The desk clerk told me I would have to find someplace local to get it.
After I arrived, I was sitting at the desk working and someone just came walking into my room, mumbled something and then left.
I had to call the front desk who did not know what was going on. They changed my key (which took two tries) and then finally told me the maintenance guy grabbed the wrong list. Great.
Carpet was dingy and not as nice as other Hampton Inns I've stayed at.
When I asked for the manager at checkout, I was told they were not in and would be in later. No question as to why I was asking.
I did send the manager an email and now have a certificate for a free night stay should I find myself in Arcadia. Not that I'm going back that way any time soon.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Jay M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia
Residence Inn Pasadena Arcadia
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia

Been to Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena? Share your experiences!