“Great Find Next to Santa Anita Track”

Peppers Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #44 of 252 Restaurants in Arcadia
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2013

After a grueling day of travel (we landed at LAX right after the shooting), and a long day at the race track, we walked to Peppers. The restaurant was extremely busy, but they found a table, seated us, and gave us water, chips and salsa. After a decent wait, we decided we should just order food to go since it looked like both the wait staff and kitchen were overwhelmed. After I explained our situation, someone took our order immediately and put a rush on the order. The food really was delicious and we appreciated the extra attention given. Would definitely go back - maybe when they are not so crowded.

1  Thank kAREN d

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I never can understand why someone would buy a successful, excellent, great business and instead of carrying on that tradition, run it downhill.

This was one of my husbands work group's favorite lunch spot as they had a wonderful lunch at a great price.

Meals were very large at dinner and excellent.

I went there recently for the soup as my husband had a bad cold and they had the best vegetable soup around when I was sick so I went over, and the place only had 2 tables of customers, at 6 pm.. that isn't good.

I stood forever while waiting to be waited on at the register, finally one of the waiters came and asked if I need anything ( well yeah...... I didn't stop by just to stand! )

We have gone there very often over the years and I didn't see any familiar faces working there, there may have been but everyone seemed new that I saw.

There was very few people in the bar area, where it used to be full, and a mid age lady standing and visiting around tables. People did come in the restaurant and waited for a hostess as there used to always be one, but not that night, and they left. I waited for the soup and stepped in the bar to check out the bar happy hour food, which was no longer there, so I went back by the cashier and the mid age lady followed me to ask if I needed anything....NAH, I just was looking... then the waiter brought my food and she tried to act like a big boss...forget it lady.

I asked why it was so empty and she said ""oh in a bit the bar will be packed for the football game"""" good for her.

I found later she was the new owner and business has fallen down and food had been not as good, I'd give it a while before I go back and let this new owner go back to the business that was, cause this won't make it.

The soup was horrible, veggies were not cooked and still hard and OMG, they must have put in a lot of Jalapenos because we could not eat it. We just dumped it as it was not eatable, especially for a person who is sick.
'

4  Thank Ella O
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Food was a little on pricey side but the portions more than made up for it. Definitely bring your appetites. The menu had a lot of good options to choose from and everything tasted good. There seemed to be adequate seating and service was decent. No complaints!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Excellent menu, fun bar and great atmosphere! We love the menu for its authentic recipes and had fabulous service. I ordered my favorite machaca burrito and beef enchiladas. Highly recommend this restaurant and its across from the racetrack.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

After a fun day at the track, we ate at Peppers, and LOVED IT! Great food, really fun time in the bar with Karaoke...even though I'm gutless to join in. Would highly recommend this location for great food, great drinks and a fun atmosphere.