“Still great food!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

We ate here after reading that the menu had changed. Happily, we found the food was still delicious and less expensive! The whole catfish is still on the menu and the house fish entree was outstanding! You must enjoy seafood ... Otherwise selections are few.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went to the grill last week expecting the usual fusion cuisine. The carpet and booths had been removed and tables with steel chairs were in their place. O.K., I guess, but the menu is now fish only and mostly fried at that! What are they thinking? There are four or five other fish places within one block of the grill...this has apparently happened within the last month. We left without ordering and probably won't be back. Too bad... It used to be quite good...

Reviewed December 23, 2012

The quality and presentation of most classic cuisine doesn't not match the location but so very worth the visit. Always fresh and healthy.

1  Thank CyndeesOffTheCouch
Reviewed November 13, 2012

the food is terrific. The service is nice and efficient. We had the filet mignon, the live lobster, and the venison. While expensive for a strip mall place, we felt it was worth the money. The live lobster had that rich, briny taste and was very meaty for its size. The steak had that rich, aged taste, and the venison was not gamey at all. My vegetables, especially the carrots had that fresh earthy taste, as if it were just pulled from the ground. When you sit down, they give you freshly baked bread rolls that are just delicious slathered with butter. We also loved their panna cotta, sweet, silky,and delicious. The decor of the place is what is a little odd, but I like its eccentricity.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

This restaurant was recommended as having great food, maybe my expectations were unrealistic. as soon as I was seated a waiter greeted me with an in-genuine 'nice to see you again' on my first visit, then he launched into a 'very long' spiel on the specials. I had to let him finish his 'broken record' sales pitch before I could get a word in to ask for a glass of water. The food was nicely presented but the taste, texture, portion size & flavor was not even close to my expectations. A steady flow of different wait staff rushed, hovered & interrupted my dining experience. They seemed to be still trying to 'sell me' on my choices when they were served. Nothing special, no one could drag me back.

Been to Sesame Grill? Share your experiences!