“Our Favorite Restaurant in Arcadia”
Review of Din Tai Fung Dumpling House - CLOSED

Din Tai Fung Dumpling House
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We eat here on a regular basis since we have the good fortune to live nearby - the dumplings are the best because of their delicate skin and excellent flavor. The juicy park dumplings are our favorite. We also love the shanghai rice noodles and the vegetables. Service is always great. The only drawback is the long wait on weekends, so come here during a weekday.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

There's a reason why it's more expensive than other dimsum places and why the wait is long: the quality of the food is EXCELLENT. You can really taste the freshness of the ingredients.

We arrived on a Saturday at 3:30 pm and there was still a 30 min wait.

Food is worth the wait. Vegetarian-friendly. Parking is quite a challenge. Spinach with garlic is the bomb! Restaurant is very busy and noisy.

Tips: come at an odd hour esp. on weekends (3-4pm, 830pm-ish). Also they don't seat big groups (6+ people) unless everyone's present

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

This place is always crowded and always worth the wait. I eat here every time I come to visit family. I'm vegetarian so I like the veggie dumplings and vegetarian fried noodles, but my dining companions rave about the juicy pork dumplings. The green beans with garlic are also fantastic!

1  Thank Jasheppa
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This restaurant has the best dumplings in LA, on the weekends. On weekdays I have found the quality to not be as good. However, on weekdays you can get a table much easier. If you brave the weekend crew, make sure to plan to wait for an hour because there will be a crowd. It is worth it though!

Also, parking can be tricky so consider parking on Duarte Rd just south of the restaurant to make your trip a bit less hectic! Enjoy!

1  Thank Jordan H
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

The dough is made fresh on the premises. Pork is their speciality. Juicy pork dumplings very good. The juicy pork & crab dumplings were ok...they add a little broth which tasted fishy...my wife and myself did not like it very much...however it is one of their best sellers and we are not Chinese and it is probably an aquired taste. I didn't like beer or sparkling water when I first tried them... But now I love them both....very busy... Prepare to wait....even with two restaurants. Fun environment .