“A bite of Delight”

Los Angeles, California
“A bite of Delight”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The skinny:

Parking- medium size lot but its so busy you will circle for a while
Service- abrupt, they are there to slap food on table and not much more
Decor- cool light fixtures, hard chairs
Food- Juicy Pork Dumplings....
Coke Factor- in a can
Price- not too bad
The wait- one hour

We came here bc I had heard about the delicious soup dumplings. Despite the one hour wait we decided to tough it out and checked out stores in the strip mall. They will text you when your table is ready but dont get excited, you will wait an adel 10 min for the table to be set. We ordered the following:

Juicy Pork Dumplings - Amazing! 10pc per order, a bite size morsel of goodness
Chicken Dumplings - Also good, no soup inside and the outer dumpling is thicker
Veggie Dumplings - I didn't care for these but my friend liked them
Taro Dumplings - These were ok, my friend liked them a lot
Bok choy - excellent!
Chicken Fried Rice - excellent!

We will be back to try the soup dumplings and the shrimp dumplings and the Bao!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank melobeam

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
“Can't wait to go back; long lines”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This Taiwan-based chain has two locations within a minute of each other: Both have Baldwin Ave. addresses and are located in the same mini-mall. One faces Baldwin and the other one fronts the parking lot just south of the street corner. We arrived on a Saturday and put our name in for both locations. We were given a number by each location and responded to the first text message that a table was available--approximately half an hour after our 2:00 p.m. arrival. If you don't text, you need to stay close by to hear your number called.

In an apparent attempt to attract the young, hip crowd, the servers are dressed in all black and speak English; the ambiance is very modern. If there are two of you, don't expect to sit at a 4-person table. It is just too crowded for this luxury.

The steamed 10-piece Steamed Pork and Crab Dumplings ($9.25) were savory. We each had Braised Beef Noodle soup ($7.25/bowl)(labelled "spicy" but not really very spicy) and we split an order of Shanghai Rice Cakes with Chicken ($7.75). The noodle soup and rice cake servings were small. Nearby diners had vegetable dishes. Again, the serving size was small. All vegetables dishes are $7.75.

Chinese friends rave about this place. I have been told to go on a weekday to avoid the long lines.

If this review is helpful, please indicate, "Yes."

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank SDAG
Covina, California, USA
“This is an outlet of a famous Chinese chain, I have been told”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Some good steamed dumplings. Came for the soup dumplings, which were very juicy but not very flavorful. We were the only non-Asians during the lunch hour and we waited a LONG time. Other people came and went, and our food seemed to take forever to get to us. I don't know if there was a connection, but we surely haven't been back. I understand this is an outlet of a famous chain in China. Don't know if that is the case, but I understand that Asian people from all of the Los Angeles area come here and wait in line. Don't know why, based on our experience.

Visited July 2012
Island Height, NJ
“Spicy Noodles, are now my favorite”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Attentive service, picture menu and a friendly place. I dined here by myself, and the staff was so helpful. I order dim sum, noodles and bok choy and with tip the dinner came to less than $20.00.
Great value

• Visited February 2013
Santa Cruz, California
“Best Dim Sum Ever”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I first tried this place in Seattle and when we were going down to L.,A. we wanted to take my sister. They don't take reservations but if you get there early then the wait is not bad. This location does not service alcohol which is weird but the food is why you are there.

• Visited January 2013