“Watch the Horses, Bet the Jockeys & Make a little money”

Santa Anita Race Park
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Arcadia
Reviewed January 6, 2013

You cannot beat San Anita for thoroughbred racing excitement. The 9 or 10 daily race schedule is complemented by great restaurants, fantastic mountain views and plentiful bars. Gamble responsibly and don't listen to any one in a turned up collar & a fedora who talks like he just fell of a set of Guys N Dolls!

Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Excellent food. Fabulous view of mountains while watching races. What a nice relaxing afternoon of food and fun at the races.

1  Thank rosepitre
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I went here today with some friends and this is my first time to horse racing. How fun! I loved it even though it rained and was cold, me and my friends had such a fun time.

Its a beautiful view and even though I didnt have a clue about horses, my horse that I bet on won 4 times! Its really beautiful and fun to see up close the horses running that fast and you can also go and see them get ready and the jockey's get on them and there are some horses that you can touch to.

We were going to do the Seabiscuit tour but got cancelled due to the rain. We did have breakfast at Clocker's corner and had some delicious pancakes and was such fun just watching the horses practice.

They have plenty of restrooms, food, pepsi, alcohol beverages, souvenir shop, and you dont need to bet if you dont want to. If you do I think the lowest is only a dollar or two. Whether rain or sun, there is plenty of shelter.

Its really a great experience, beautiful scenery, and loads of fun for all ages, and even if you know nothing about horses you would love it. There are many people who work there and bystanders who were really helpful to answer questions and welcomes us warmly.

What fun!!!!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have to start by saying that I was there during the Breeders' Cup Thoroughbred World Championships, so I am aware that the minor annoyances I witnessed were a product of the BC management and not the facility. (Ran out of beer at the sport's biggest day?)

The track has a long and storied history and is almost unmatched by the beauty of its setting. (Del Mar on the edge of the sea is pretty close.) The art deco metal work on the exterior is beautiful. I also highly recommend the tour. Our guide was extremely well spoken and educated on the topic.

It has been the backdrop for many famous races, from Seabiscuit's comeback in the Santa Anita Handicap to Zenyatta's Breeders' Cup Classic win, and has been filmed for movies and tv.

I am very excited to be going back for the 2013 Breeders' Cup

1  Thank DeeAnnB
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Santa Anita has a very old, majestic history. The grounds and old bathrooms are nostalgic ! I hope they don't change a thing ! This track has great horse racing during the year but make a point to go to Breeders Cup at Santa Anita in 2013. The world championship of thoroughbred horse racing will take place over two days in November 2013. The event held in early November of 2012 was great. Over the two days of racing, Friday was not too crowded, Saturday was full to the gills ! Literally all of the concession stands ran out of water ! We didn't care, we were there to see the worlds best horses ! Santa Anita, you put on one heck of a show !

Been to Santa Anita Race Park? Share your experiences!