“Always a good experience”

Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stay here quite often. Always very nice and helpful; rooms and lobby area bright and up to date. Everything very clean.

Only issues are at breakfast; the people working are always very pleasant (as is generally the case with the staff here), but there never seem to be enough people working and occasionally there are no clean tables.

All in all, however, great value.

Room Tip: Odd-numbered rooms have a pretty good view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Juan N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear RichmondR,
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our guests' satisfaction is our #1 goal. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenienced you have experienced at our breakfast, I have shared your review, along with other guests' comments and reviews to my staff, advising them of the impact it has had in our guests. We are commited and passionate about providing our guests with excellent service, and it is thru direct feedback like yours that we are able improve on a daily basis. Thank you again for staying with us, and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Check in was good. Room was good. Service at breakfast was a little off due to confusion amoung employees. My order was mixed up three time before being delivered. Check out was easy. Room was good. Bath area was good, but a few amenites were dropped in this hotel.

Close walking distance to many good places to eat.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jere J,
Thank you very much for providing me feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is thru direct feedback like yours that we are able to improve, and better our service and product for our guests. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced at breakfast. I am glad that you were satisfied with the amenities and cleanliness of our hotel.
We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I had a great stay at the Hilton Garden Inn just before Thanksgiving last fall. The desk staff was extremely helpful. I had forgotten my phone charger and they gave me directions to find the nearest BestBuy to get a new one. They had loaners as well that they offered me, but not alas for my particular phone.

My only problem arose due to a lack of understanding of how the breakfast bar was handled. I am still not sure what was/is included and what not.
I may have inadvertently helped myself to a couple of pieces of bacon that were not actually included...oops! Also I forgot to leave a tip for the cleaning people, who did a fine job.
I will definitely stay here again! The nearby gardens, the Arboratum are a great little side trip.

Room Tip: I did not visit the spa.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Juan N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Walnutcreek_CAMevs:

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are glad you were satisfied with the amenities and cleanliness of our hotel. We take pride in our hotel as we strive to exceed all of our guests' expectations. I do apologize for the misunderstanding and lack of explanation in our part about our breakfast. Our breakfast is typically not included, unless you have made the reservation under the Bed & Breakfast package, the charges are: Continental $7.95 + tax, and Full cook to order breakfast (breakfast bar included) is $12.95 + tax.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you, and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Having stayed in this hotel due to the exhorbant price increase at the Residence Inn. We were quite surprised by cleanliness of the rooms and the private area where the computer was located. They also had a small "market" in case you needed something after hours. The room was equiped with a microwave and a small refrigerator which was really convenient when you just wanted to heat up a quick dinner.

You're right next to the 210 freeway and not far from the Arcadia shopping center and Pasadena. You could actually walk to the restaurants.

The staff were very polite and were always available.

We had already stayed at the Hilton Double Tree and were impressed. Staying here at the Hilton Garden Inn confirmed our impression of Hilton; much better then Sheraton.

We've decided that whenever we travel, we would make every effort to stay in the Hilton group hotels.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Charlotte T,
We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us! Our guests' satisfaction is our #1 goal. We hope that we have made a good impression for you to start liking the Hilton brand.
We look forward to see you next time your travels bring you to this area,

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We attended an evening meeting in one of the meeting rooms. We arrived early and found the room entirely set up and ready. Our meal was to be served buffet style, yet the staff was serving plates to everyone who might have any difficulty getting in line. My wife made a special request and it was fufilled immediately. Everyone there had a wonderful time.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Juan N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Thomas F,
Your feedback is greatly appreciated. W are glad that you, and your group enjoyed the catered dinner, as well as your meeting at our hotel recently. We take pride in our hotel as we strive to exceed all of our guests' expectations.
We look forward to having you the opportunity to serve you on the near future.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I really enjoyed a stay here. Starts with friendly staff, a great nights sleep and then a nice breakfast. Nice quiet location, yet convenient to everything in Arcadia/Monrovia and probably Pasadena. Look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: I had requested a quiet room and got one facing back parking lot - which was absolutely perfect for...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Juan N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Irishfanmn,
Just wanted to let you know how much we appreciate you taking the time to share, and provide us feedback regarding your recent stay with us, I have shared it with our associates during our daily training huddles.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
On behalf of our entire staff here at the Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia we would like to thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We had a pleasant four night stay in Arcadia. This is a relatively new hotel and centrally located to restaurants, Santa Anita, the mall, and many of our favorite non-chain restaurants. For the price (<$100) and location, this is hard to beat in the area. We stayed over Christmas and the lobby had a lovely real Christmas tree that smelled wonderful and was nice to sit nearby with coffee.

The room was good sized with mini-frig, microwave and 4cup coffee pot. A desk with modern chair and another chair with an ottoman made it very comfortable. Also nice lighting and a good sized bathroom. We brought an air mattress for our little ones and it worked out just fine.

The housekeeping was adequate. Not a wow, but fine, and I would agree with other reviewers that all the linens felt nice and clean. We had plenty of pillows and extra blankets and certainly felt that if we needed anything, it was available and no trouble.

The bed, for my taste was too firm. Just a little bit of memory foam would go a long way to make it a good night's sleep as well as heavier weight coverlets. The bed was so flat in fact, that one night I rolled all the way over to my husband's side. He must have been hanging on to the edge!

We did find the staff to be helpful and accommodating. One evening, the gentleman at the front desk took several pictures of us in front of the tree and fireplace. And, when I called today to see if my 6 yr old's tote bag from New Zealand was left in our room after we checked out, they easily located it and we made arrangements to have it picked up. Overall, I would strongly consider this hotel for a future stay when visiting family in the area.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms look directly into the parking lot. Choose a higher floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 14Surprise
Juan N, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear 14Surprise,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to see how we are doing from the perspective of our guests. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you back to the area!

Juan Navarro-Sigala

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Residence Inn Pasadena Arcadia
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
3 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pasadena Colorado Blvd.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area? Share your experiences!