Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
San Jose, United States
“Misery”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stayed at the Embassy Suites/Arcadia-Pasadena. You are not allowed to control the temperature in your room. We were completely miserable. Very stuffy and hot. Had to go to our car to turn the AC on to cool down. If this policy remains in effect at all Embassy Suites, we will not stay there again. Very disappointing.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

211ESArcadia, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area, responded to this review, September 21, 2014
Dear Shanel,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our A/C - we know how important a cool room is for our guests. As an older Embassy Suites, we have what is called a two pipe system - which allows us to be on cool-neutral-hot. For the most part the hotel is always on cool due to the weather here in Southern California, however, there are times in which we could be on neutral in which the air coming out will blow at a neutral temperature.

I know that this is not a great answer, but we do have fans for our guests to use.

We appreciate you taking time to write your review - Naomi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Pleasanton, United States
Reviewed April 22, 2014

This property is not maintained well. The rooms need new mattress on beds and couch beds. The carpet needs to be cleaned. The overall service was not up to expectation and the staff did not show an urgency on good customer service.

Dear Valerie,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us - I apologize for the long delay in responding.

I am sorry that we were unable to meet your expectation for customer service as this is not typical of our staff. Our Front Desk Manager has been working with her staff, to ensure proper training. Since your stay, we have replace all of our guest suite carpeting and have significantly cleaned up the property.

We hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again.

Thank You again for your feedback - Naomi

Travelers are raving about these Arcadia hotels

Morro Bay, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Overall not a bad hotel. Bathroom is very out dated but clean. Great price on the weekend. the breakfast was great cooked to order was very nice and always had a good selection. Stayed for the location. Moved out of the area and was back for a friends birthday so wanted to stay close. The hotel is older but kept up well. Could use a remodel in the near future.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here at Embassy Suites Arcadia, the staff was very friendly and helpful. My family stayed here for 2 weeks while I was in the hospital and it felt like home away from home for my husband and sister, after my discharge from the hospital we stayed an additional 4 days and the staff made sure I was in a quiet area so that I could rest properly without any noise. Before checking out Luis ( General Manager) checked on me personally to see if I needed to extend my staff before I drove 4 hours back home to Las Vegas and he extended a late checkout to me and my family. Great location to restaurants, freeway, park and grocery store. This location is extremely safe, nice and away from the Los Angeles busier areas however easy and close access to downtown shopping and Hollywood walk of fame. The complimentary breakfast is a full cook to order omelet, eggs and pancakes station, hot and cold food selections. I will definitely stay here on all future visit to Los Angeles. The General Manager Luis and the rest of his staff goes above and beyond to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

USA
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Stayed here recently. Chose to stay ay this property even though there are plenty of options nearby. I paid full price for my room. Overall I am ambivalent about this property.

Pros:
Nice lobby
Loved the courtyard like architecture
Cooked to order omelettes
2 room suite

Cons:
Outdated property badly needs renovation
Tiny bathroom, constantly leaking tub, extremely poor plumbing, poor quality bathroom fixtures
Dark rooms
Very poor quality full mattress - but advertised as queen
Plenty of parking - but there was an event in the hotel and I couldn't find a space even after 30 mins. Hotel lobby advised me to park at the back of another hotel across the street. A bit of inconvenience.

I may choose to stay in other hotels nearby which are new and charge less than this hotel.

Bakersfield, United States
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Rooms are very small. Ours had a terrible odor. A/C-Heating system only available if temps between 55 and 72. Sofa sleeper broken. No one ever came to fix it. Not enough towels for three people. Only two hand towels for a bathroom and the two additional sinks. Two chairs at the dining table. No table and chair in bedroom. Couldn't fit one anyway. Television system hard to figure out. Overall, I would not recommend this hotel to stay in.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Nelson C
Dear Nelson,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we appreciate your review - I apologize for the delayed response.

Our heating/cooling system is always available, between 55 and 72 degrees we are usually on neutral. Our two pipe system, is a bit complicated but there is always a way to generate air into the room.

Sorry you found our television system hard to use - we do have channel listings near the televisions and in our guest directory.

Thank you again for your review - Naomi
Tulare, California
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed two nights for event at Cal Tech University. We stayed at two other Hilton properties before arriving at the Embassy Suites in Pasadena. Front desk clerks very friendly and cook at breakfast did a great job. Housekeeping was about as bad as it gets. Carpets and mirrors were dirty. They did not even put sofa cushions back on sofa and threw the blanket and pillows in a pile on chair. Not even folded just tossed. Dirty glasses were not replaced and dining chair not even pushed in. Bathroom was not cleaned. All they did was take out trash and replace towels. Very disappointed. Just about as bad as it gets. If you want a clean room goes some where else. Will not go back. We are Hilton Honor guest and stay at least 40 nights in hotels and this was about the worst housekeeping we have ever seen.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank LoriH63
Dear Lori,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you attended your event at Cal Tech, we appreciate your review - I apologize for the delayed response.

We're always looking for guest input and regret to hear about the cleanliness issues you encountered. This is certainly not acceptable and we're working with our housekeeping team to correct this.

Your comfort is our concern and we hope we can invite you back for a much more enjoyable stay.

Thanks again for your review - Naomi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area
SpringHill Suites Pasadena Arcadia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Residence Inn Pasadena Arcadia
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Arcadia

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Arcadia Pasadena Area? Share your experiences!